To those who think the game is too P2W...

Options
My alliance, F2P Veterans, is currently sitting in the top 100 for the simulator event. As the name suggests, we are all F2P players, and perhaps more importantly there are only 5 of us in the alliance. Other alliances around us have 9-10 members and are likely to have (collectively) dropped a fair bit of money into the game.

There isn't really a huge point to this post, I guess I'm just kinda proud icon_redface.gif

Comments

• My alliance, F2P Veterans, is currently sitting in the top 100 for the simulator event. As the name suggests, we are all F2P players, and perhaps more importantly there are only 5 of us in the alliance. Other alliances around us have 9-10 members and are likely to have (collectively) dropped a fair bit of money into the game.

There isn't really a huge point to this post, I guess I'm just kinda proud icon_redface.gif

I initially paid like 20 dollars worth of hp for slots because I didnt feel like trashing covers. I havent since then (not that I cant) spent any cash on the game since. I dont strictly think its necessarily p2w but it helps.

Thats all I gotta say. Either you put in time or money which is the same for all other games. The developers done a decent job so it doesnt hurt to reward them either
  • I put in time and i put in a bit of money here and there if there is something that i value enough to spend some cash on.

This game provides me with a much needed decompression valve...and in my world that is certainly worth $20 for HP every 2 months.

marc
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I haven't spent any money at all on the game until very recently (a few days ago), when I wanted to expand my alliance to add more friends. That said, I've got a powerful roster of 32 characters, some of them well in the 100s, have placed in the top 5 of several tourneys, actually won a couple, and have been enjoying this game more than I could possibly expect. My alliance consisting of casual players placed top 50 in the Fearless Defenders tournament despite only 8 souls in the squad. Yes, it is possible to play this game competitively and succesfully without spending cash, yet it takes time, and even more, patience. I guess this is the virtue some of the complainers lack.
  • Great post! Congrats to you and your alliance! That is hard work and I am glad it is paying off for you!
  • I'm more of a F2P player in general, but at some point, if I spend a lot of time with a game I want to reward the people who made it.

So, there is no shame in actually paying money to play the game. In fact, i think it should be a bit of an obligation. Twenty dollars of HP doesn't really mean a hill of beans in the success or failure of your account.
  • A wise man once said, "[it doesn't matter if you have a decent roster]...At the end of the day, it's how you use it."
  • If I think a developer has put enough effort into a game that I can be proud of my achievements within it, I don't mind dropping them some cash to support their product. I paid early on and used it for some roster spots.

I don't regret it cuz I would have sold some 3* covers otherwise that have since come in handy.

People complain when a F2P game offers incentive to pay, but the truth is if no one payed, there would be no F2P games.
  • Just to clarify, I'm not so much F2P on principle, I simply can't afford to drop any cash on the game. If I had the cash, I would like to support the devs, but at the same time I would like to do so in a way that didn't give me any kind of advantage of other players. I like being F2P, in a strange way it makes the game more challenging and therefore more rewarding. I think this is why a lot of F2P have cosmetic items available for purchase. I know that if I had the money to support the devs, that is what I would want to go for, so that I could support them while still leaving myself in what feels like a more honest and challenging position.

Instead, I support the devs by spreading the word of the game to others who may spend money. In the long run it probably generates more profit!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to clarify, I'm not so much F2P on principle, I simply can't afford to drop any cash on the game. If I had the cash, I would like to support the devs, but at the same time I would like to do so in a way that didn't give me any kind of advantage of other players. I like being F2P, in a strange way it makes the game more challenging and therefore more rewarding. I think this is why a lot of F2P have cosmetic items available for purchase. I know that if I had the money to support the devs, that is what I would want to go for, so that I could support them while still leaving myself in what feels like a more honest and challenging position.

Instead, I support the devs by spreading the word of the game to others who may spend money. In the long run it probably generates more profit!

This game has cosmetic items for purchase that don't give you an advantage.

We call them 4 star heroes.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    A wise man once said, "[it doesn't matter if you have a decent roster]...At the end of the day, it's how you use it."

Are you sure he diddnt say Rooster?
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Just to clarify, I'm not so much F2P on principle, I simply can't afford to drop any cash on the game. If I had the cash, I would like to support the devs, but at the same time I would like to do so in a way that didn't give me any kind of advantage of other players. I like being F2P, in a strange way it makes the game more challenging and therefore more rewarding. I think this is why a lot of F2P have cosmetic items available for purchase. I know that if I had the money to support the devs, that is what I would want to go for, so that I could support them while still leaving myself in what feels like a more honest and challenging position.

This game has cosmetic items for purchase that don't give you an advantage.

We call them 4 star heroes.

They can't be bought directly though... If the game was to introduce a cosmetic purchase, what would you want it to be? Think I'll start a new thread for that question!
  • Well done, F2P Vets!
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Sugarman wrote:
    People complain when a F2P game offers incentive to pay, but the truth is if no one payed, there would be no F2P games.

I wish more people understood this rather than complaining. If we don't support the game, it's not going to be around. I love this game so I support it.
  • Clint wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    A wise man once said, "[it doesn't matter if you have a decent roster]...At the end of the day, it's how you use it."

Are you sure he diddnt say Rooster?

Never eaten rooster before. I can only imagine its a subliminal reason. Something between not wanting to eat a creature called a **** and the fact that it has a gobble. That's just asking to get screwed over on a lie detector test.

Inspector: "Have you ever eaten **** before."

Me: "I knew this day would come..."