*poof* I'm back!

Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure what clicked with Demiurge, but they seem to be back on track to providing substance to the game. My biggest complaint before leaving was that they were leaving a trail of overpowered or horribly underpowered characters littering their game, and refused to clean it up. Their devotion to cleaning it up now is obvious, and clearance levels have future potential while allowing players to feel they are advancing at all points in game.

My position on cupcakes was has always been that they were unfair to the general populous, and now that they are gone D3 can see the actual numbers of players who can hit the final progress rewards in PVP. At this point they can toggle it up or down as needed, thanks to the inflated cupcake numbers being eliminated.

Well done guys, just as I burned out of Pokemon Go too! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Welcome back! Now get to work icon_e_wink.gif haha
    Pretty sure one of the best topics on these forums can be updated! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30187
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    like1tiger wrote:
    Welcome back! Now get to work icon_e_wink.gif haha
    Pretty sure one of the best topics on these forums can be updated! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30187

With my faith restored I can vent all my spare energy back into that topic icon_e_biggrin.gif I suspect D3 is going to update characters from the top down, so that gives me some time before they make my guide completely useless icon_lol.gif
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    A Laurel and Hardy handshake. Welcome back! You have been missed. It's getting better, one eyebrow cocked, but the direction seems positive. A voice like yours is ALWAYS needed. Welcome back again!
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome back! I've been a fan of your guide ever since I got my very first 3*, Kamala, way back when.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:
    Not sure what clicked with Demiurge, but they seem to be back on track to providing substance to the game. My biggest complaint before leaving was that they were leaving a trail of overpowered or horribly underpowered characters littering their game, and refused to clean it up. Their devotion to cleaning it up now is obvious, and clearance levels have future potential while allowing players to feel they are advancing at all points in game.

My position on cupcakes was has always been that they were unfair to the general populous, and now that they are gone D3 can see the actual numbers of players who can hit the final progress rewards in PVP. At this point they can toggle it up or down as needed, thanks to the inflated cupcake numbers being eliminated.

Well done guys, just as I burned out of Pokemon Go too! icon_lol.gif

hahahaha I also left Pokémon Go to return to MPQ a month ago. I guess Pokémon brought back my MPQ addiction icon_lol.gif
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    For people with champion 5* it seems baking is just fine now. Scores are coming back up to 3000 point levels again but there is just a huge divide now for people in 4* land. If you are in 4* land you either cannot Queue anyone with high points but maybe queue something they bake which still includes a champion 5* which is rough to beat and can be a long match.

In the past someone with a 4* roster could use bakes from the 5* rosters to get points but now it seems its all being concentrated in that tier.

My current playstyle is the same as before but now I search and in my MMR every match is worth <10 pts. If a person with a champion 5* roster bakes something I can see that for 70+ points and on a hop can hit 1 of those matches or 2 if I use whales but still can get hit once.

From my perspective PVP placement is pretty much dead for me to get the 4* covers I need. I can try to get 1st in CL6 but I am seeing people with champion 5* rosters in those brackets as well and other than doing over 8 hops in an event it's pretty rough to get enough points for first place. Previous to this season I never really had a shot at top placement prizes for 4* anyways so technically nothing has changed there.

My hopes are that they see the stats on where points are going now and figure out a way to make changes to how points work to allow the entire player base to get points if they want to work to get them.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wanted to welcome Dauthi and (a bit late) Punisher back! Hopefully we are entering a new and improved phase in MPQ ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v