6 days and rebalancing following characters!

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Have less than a week until the end of the season! And if we understand correctly, we promised rebalancing at the end of each season! Who will be the next two after Hulk and Surfer? Can it be Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman?
Looking forward to the end of the season! What do you think who it is in 6 days? icon_eek.gif

Comments

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Redid Devil Dino's Purple animation with more flair!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    Redid Devil Dino's Purple animation with more flair!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, lower case f.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    The nerfbat goes to: OML and Phoenix, Teen Jean, 4cyke, creepy Bobby, Rulk

The buffstick should hit: 5cap, Starlord, MrF
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    They pretty much said they will roll in the tweaks with start of seasons. Anniversary is not a season.

So I suspect we may get info during anniversary who is getting tweaked next but no actual changes till season 33.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, this is an anniversary-shortened season ... so, maybe expect something for the start of Season after anniversary?

—OR—

Hope beyond hope for a slew of oft-requested reworks as Anniversary presents ...
      3*Spidey, now with with offense! Slightly less-suicidal Sentry! Elektra, the grown-up version! An Invisible Woman with giddy-up (fourth time's a charm, right?) ! Devil Dino, now with actual roar and appreciable chomping action! 2* Cap with damage on red power that exceeds his match damage! 3* Hulk with new, smashing Smash!

etc, etc.... aaaaaaand:

Board shake deleted from all characters and relevant code relegated to the Abyss icon_lol.gif

I like that list. Add "Mr Fantastic's new passive power that works with other characters and actually shines with other members of the Fantastic Four" and we're gold.

Step 1) Make it work the way it does, but for all characters.

Step 2) Add an effect for extra Fantastic Four members (like, if normally it adds 1 green, add 1 yellow and then 1 red if you have 1 or 2 other F4 members on the team, so it reaches maximum effectiveness on an all F4 team)

Step 3) Maybe make the healing work for the entire team, so the F4 have a healer on the team, and thus, Mr F becomes EVEN MORE viable on an all F4 team.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc wrote:
    I like that list. Add "Mr Fantastic's new passive power that works with other characters and actually shines with other members of the Fantastic Four" and we're gold.

Step 1) Make it work the way it does, but for all characters.

Step 2) Add an effect for extra Fantastic Four members (like, if normally it adds 1 green, add 1 yellow and then 1 red if you have 1 or 2 other F4 members on the team, so it reaches maximum effectiveness on an all F4 team)

Step 3) Maybe make the healing work for the entire team, so the F4 have a healer on the team, and thus, Mr F becomes EVEN MORE viable on an all F4 team.

The problem with powers like that is that they are either underpowered without the other specified characters or overpowered with.
    A better version would be step 1, except perhaps with, say the most powerful color and the least powerful color on your team both getting AP.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

Screw it...just throw in Hulkbuster, Bolt, IM40, Cage, Fist, and SWitch for tinykitties & giggles. They're too good.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker

Screw it...just throw in Hulkbuster, Bolt, IM40, Cage, Fist, and SWitch for tinykitties & giggles. They're too good.

Add Peggy, Kamala and 3Cyclops to that list and I'm not even sure who the best 4* and 3* characters would be anymore.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully, zero nerfs to any characters, keep buffing those who need it and save the nerfs until the end, maybe if everyone else gets enough buffs then the nerfs won't even be needed.
  • I was most concerned about Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman and Star Lord... I want to see them more powerful in the game, so that they too can compete with other 4* characters. Also I do not like Spider-Man 3* because he was very weak.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I bet only Disney and Sony characters get buffs.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker

Oh come on that's just petty, and paranoid, and... and.... sweet christmas I think you might be right icon_e_surprised.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:

Oh come on that's just petty, and paranoid, and... and.... sweet christmas I think you might be right icon_e_surprised.gif
    Guys? Silver Surfer is Fox, not Disney/Sony/Paramount. Silver Surfer is the "enemy". And was one of the first buffs. So Invisible Woman is still table dancing, uh, I mean on the table for buffs.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    MrF is actually not as terrible as people claim. He is just a bad fit for the speed-game that PVP, and even competitive PVE, has become. If there were formats that rewarded match extension and character preservation he would be prized. That said; I wouldn't say no to some small tweaks to him:

MrF:
    * Let Imaginaut stack. If I get 2 of them out let them each count. Developers choice if they are all counted together like attack tiles, or if they each proc separately. Bonus damage should be reduced as a necessary side effect of allowing this to be a stackable ability.
    * The Imaginaut tile be fortified @ 5 covers. (Like War Machine's countdown.) Fortification didn't exist when MrF launched - but the imaginaut tile seems like an easy one to add fortification to - at 5 covers Reed "built a better mouse trap".
    * The green AP bonus on his ability either needs to be abandoned in favor of something else, or we need to get credit for any of the dozen other characters in the game who have called themselves members of the fantastic four at one time or another. The potential there is vast...
    latest?cb=20080725020208

Invisible Woman:
    * Change the force bubbles to be countdown tiles.
    * Change blue to be a stun. instead of locking specific tiles that the player picks; lock a random tile and stun the target character. You have trapped an enemy character inside a force bubble. If the countdown is destroyed or counts down, character is revived.
    * Green should have its cost reduced and become a 'crush' (instead of an explosion). I could see it costing somewhere between bullseye and daredevil's purple -- lets call it '10'.. with this definition:
    If there are no force field countdowns lock N-random enemy special tiles in countdown bubbles. (If no special tiles exist you have to bubble an enemy first [using blue] to fire this power.) If countdown bubbles exist - Destroy all bubble countdowns tiles doing damage to the target enemy. Do X aditional damage to any stunned opponents. (presuming they were trapped in the bubbles when they collapsed)
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Pretty sure imaginaut does stack, it seemed to do double damage when I had 2 out during r&g
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    stewbacca wrote:
    Pretty sure imaginaut does stack, it seemed to do double damage when I had 2 out during r&g

Power description reads "while one is on the board,[...] deal X damage" - which is the wording usually associated with a non-stackable effect.
  • Mister Fantastic - leader of Fantastic4, but in the game, he is very weak and very slow... He is can be the size of a house and one foot to crush the enemy team as OAE damage. But in the game all that we can see, it's like he is playing for time and not himself. If his Imaginaut will have the AOE effect, then he was like a leader.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I agree with what most players are saying. Most experienced players know which chars are beasts and which aren't very functional. For me personally I really hope they fix 3* Hulk's red because it is awful, and give Starlord & Elektra the IM40 buff because those were 2 of the chars I was most excited to see pop up in the game. The fact that they are terrible is a total bummer because part of what makes this game fun is playing with your favorite characters from the comics. I use Magneto, Hulk, Cage and Cap much more than I probably should because they are personal favorites. I would use Quill and Elektra all the time if they weren't terrible. For my guess I think they will buff Reed and Spidey or Sentry because they are the ones most complained about.