MPQ & MtGPQ At NYCC 2016

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings!

It's almost October - and that means it's time for our annual visit to New York Comic Con!

MPQ_9_29_16_NYCC.jpg

Come on down and say "Hi" to the D3 Go! team at NYCC 2016 and get your daily raffle ticket for a chance at free in-game goodies.

Event: New York Comic Con (October 6 - 9)

Where: Booth #447 at the Javits Center, 655 West 34th Street, in Midtown Manhattan

Games: Marvel Puzzle Quest and Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest

Booth Info: Visitors to the D3 Go! booth at New York Comic Con will be able to go hands-on with Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest on tablet and Marvel Puzzle Quest on tablet and PC to discover the expanding gameplay within these titles. Members from the team will be on hand to walk players through gameplay and discuss upcoming in-game events. Fans will also have the opportunity to earn in-game currency for the games at the booth via a free raffle for attendees only.

Hope to see you there!

MtGPQ_9_28_16_NYCC.jpg

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Q_Q Now you guys tell me. If I'd known I'd have actually went this year.

Hello from the other siiiiiiiide. I must've shield a thousand tiiiiiiiimes. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if the characters in the banner have anything to do with the future. Here's hoping for a gr buff!
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I wonder if the characters in the banner have anything to do with the future. Here's hoping for a gr buff!

Theyay have included him there because he's in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. now. Luke Cage has his new show, Cyclops is a classic favorite, and Silver Surfer? Well, he just got a buff, I suppose.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Can you tell is what time the daily raffles will be happening? 5pm?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might actually be able to make this. Born and raised in NYC but moved to Miami with the wife a decade ago because she hated the city (she's from Ohio). We have a wedding upstate on the 4th and will be in the city for all three days of the con.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just so happens I'll be going to this one. So see ya there.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    At GenCon, it was an hour before the Dealer's Room closed (usually 5pm, earlier on Sunday).
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Out of curiosity, did this thread (Which Events Should MPQ Attend In 2016?) actually impact any convention visits? Those of us geographically or financially distant to the massive conventions tend to get left out in the cold when we may be near merely large conventions.

It is especially annoying when there are exclusive giveaways or collectables that are limited to these events. I understand they are well attended and are probably the best cost-to-exposure ratio, but most companies seem to forget there are interested parties in other parts of the world. I can see at least three collectible sets from where I sit that are incomplete because I missed a specific event thousands of miles away and am unwilling to spend scalper prices on eBay.

Granted, "free in-game currency" is sort of a nebulous value that is not unique nor scarce in any way, assuming you are willing to play or pay for it.

In any case, not really trying to rain on anyone's parade - have fun, those who are going!
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Will D3 be represented at the Rhode Island Comic Con this November? Never been to one but may check it out if you guys are there.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about comming to Minnesota!! It only snows 7 months a year and is only slightly below 0 for 5 months!!

On the bright side we do have a huge mall to visit!!!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore

Daily raffles happen one hour before the show closes each day. =)
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Kojubat wrote:
    Out of curiosity, did this thread (Which Events Should MPQ Attend In 2016?) actually impact any convention visits? Those of us geographically or financially distant to the massive conventions tend to get left out in the cold when we may be near merely large conventions.

Suggestions are absolutely taken into consideration as we plan. But we are only able to visit a few shows each year. Wish we could get to more. NYCC has kind of become a tradition and we were at Gen Con (Indianapolis) for the first time this year which was pretty dang awesome. Highly recommended if you're into pen-and-paper & board games.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    westnyy2 wrote:
    Will D3 be represented at the Rhode Island Comic Con this November?

Sorry, no. Right now it's looking like NYCC will be the last 'Con for 2016.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Will mutants be allowed to visit at NYCC or are they no longer accepted like the new releases. icon_e_biggrin.gif