Stockpiling Tokens

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know you can stockpile Taco, Classic, Heroic, and Legendary Tokens, but can you stockpile event tokens? For example could I save tokens from this weeks Heroic Juggernaut and use them next time around?

Comments

• Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Yes.
    #tencharacterminimum
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I've been doing this for a while now for events that have a vault. I believe only vault event tokens will be vault event tokens the next time the event comes around. Meaning you can't save from the Rocket and Groot PvE in the hopes of using those tokens for a Rocket and Groot PvE vault in the future. At least I believe so.

I save up all vault tokens now so I can eventually get up to around 70 tokens per event in 6 months or so, and make sure I get the rewards I want.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    When Venom Bomb pve was first released, I saved the event token. But when VB had a rerun a few days later, I couldn't use the tokens from the first vault to open the new vault. To be fair, the draw had different essentials; maybe that was why.

re: hoarding to clean out a vault I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to hoard event tokens precisely for this reason. If the essential covers are different, you won't be able to stack the tokens from different runs of the same event.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I don't think it is possible to stockpile tokens. I've tried, but they always get opened somehow.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    If the essential covers are different, you won't be able to stack the tokens from different runs of the same event.

I have stockpiled tokens from (I think) every PvE now, they've always been available to pull when the event is active. For instance, my previous run Grocket tokens were all there this week.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can stockpile tokens. But I think they will only refresh when that event is re-run without a new release.

I had 7 tokens from the R&G event from the end of July, but they did not work for the run last week. They were kept on a separate page with Wasp and Patch.

I know I've been able to keep HoD tokens and use them on the vault the next time it was run. Those are my favorite since you're guaranteed some from the Wave nodes. I also have 13 Team Cap tokens that I've kept starting from the first CW run. Those have been stockpiled together.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    If the essential covers are different, you won't be able to stack the tokens from different runs of the same event.

I have stockpiled tokens from (I think) every PvE now, they've always been available to pull when the event is active. For instance, my previous run Grocket tokens were all there this week.
    I think there's an exception when they do two runs of a new PvE back to back, in that case you can't use tokens from the first run on the second run.