CLevel for PVP are good for what ?

shadow310574
shadow310574 Posts: 78
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 25x full covered 4* all at level 200-210

I never was able to reach 1000 points in the old pvp system

So with the new cl I decided to join cl5 because i dont need the 4* and I want to take it easy, just get some 3* for my champions

But icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
im at 300+ points now and loos fights, because all my enemys are 100 level higher than my guys and I get only 30-40 points, so for what is cl good ?

Its more difficult than the old system

Comments

• It doesn't affect fights, only your bracket. You compete for placement with other people who chose CL5.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards

Soft-capped rosters aren't meant to do well in PvP. That's the trade-off for having an easier time in PvE.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, pvp is for champed heroes or bust! Don't even bother using a character in pvp unless it has 13+ covers and you've pumped in thousands of iso!!!

No one's scared of a lv 98 teen jean!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Soft-capped rosters aren't meant to do well in PvP. That's the trade-off for having an easier time in PvE.

Yeah, gotta say...if I've got a champed 4* in PvP and I see your under levelled one, I take that as free points unless you're worth less than 38. That's a little easy relaxer for me.
    It was the same during my 3* days, too. Anything other than a pair of max level 3*s was pounced on.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Yeah, gotta say...if I've got a champed 4* in PvP and I see your under levelled one, I take that as free points unless you're worth less than 38. That's a little easy relaxer for me.
    It was the same during my 3* days, too. Anything other than a pair of max level 3*s was pounced on.
    Same goes for fivestars... The maxed ones feed on the undercovered ones...
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Yeah, pvp is for champed heroes or bust! Don't even bother using a character in pvp unless it has 13+ covers and you've pumped in thousands of iso!!!

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that in a better system people would be afraid of a 98 Jean?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that in a better system people would be afraid of a 98 Jean?
    No, in a better system, intentionally soft-capping your roster would make PvE hard too...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I'm just saying that it's funny that we're supposed to get excited about winning a few covers of each new release, when in reality, all characters are useless until you've spent around a year winning 13 covers and championing them.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Its more difficult than the old system
    Matchmaking is the same as the old system; nothing has changed there. From what we have been told, your matches aren't based on your CL (at least for now). But, you should find that your score goes farther towards placement in lower CLs because of all the lower level Rosters in your CL. That said, you'll need to place much better to receive rewards comparable to the higher CLs. So, the calculus is not simple.

I would suggest that you pick the CL with Progression rewards that best match your goals. Then, see how you place and go from there.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you had 10 champed 4s instead of 25 **** ones, you would have hit that PVP mark super easily..

AND still have placed just as well in PVE.

Soft capping is a crutch.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    CLs are good for maxed or semi-maxed 3* and 4* rosters to have a good shot at picking up some CP and a few 4* covers here and there, I think.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    If you had 10 champed 4s instead of 25 **** ones, you would have hit that PVP mark super easily..

AND still have placed just as well in PVE.

Soft capping is a crutch.

Completely agree. The min I Had 2 or 3 champed 4* I started hitting 1k far more regularly. There's few under levelled characters which can be useful in PvP.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soft capping in PvE is much bigger problem than cc were in PvP. I would be happy if that is solved as well. The most annoying thing about the game is how hard you are being punished for leveling your team. Anyway - if you **** your team don't expect to get good numbers in PvP - as simple as that.