Don't Forget Double Iso for Anniversary III

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a reminder since last year you seemed to forget this.
One of the reasons the first anniversary was so successful was the double iso across all events.
One of the many reasons second anniversary was seen as unsuccessful was the "forgotten" turning on of double iso. Post-mortem said this was just an oversight.
Just wanted to remind you to please find the double iso switch and dust the cobwebs off of it so Anniversary III can be more like Anniversary I than Anniversary II

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget 20-people LRs! Hell, now that double-Iso week has happened outside Anniversary a couple times, I'd say that 20-people LRs are the one exclusive Anniversary feature that everybody waits the whole year to see.
  • Just don't forget that this is a special anniversary event so all those decisions made in the past that protect your bottom line should be forgotten.

This event is about the game and the players. Make it special.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Dino!! Please be very generous with our Dinosaurs!!! After playing for 2+ years, I still only have 8 covers.. would love to be able to champion him!!!!!

*heart*
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I regret that I can give but one thumb for my op.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I second this, however I would third it, if it was triple iso....... it being year 3 and all....
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    PLEASE UPVOTE. EVERYONE!!!!!!
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I think we should be allowed to Double Up-Vote this!

From my hazy memory, Anniversary 1 was filled with loads of goodness and 2 (when I was in the wilderness months...) was a lot less memorable.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    I second this, however I would third it, if it was triple iso....... it being year 3 and all....
    Hey, given that last year's "double iso" ended up being "no iso", let's make it quad iso...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely recall IceIX saying something on the lines of how at the time it was too late to fix some of the disappointments, but the team had learned and were able to make things better for the next time.

Please make that true. For a week or two throw business caution to the wind and just spoil your player base like mad. Leave mum to have a relaxed day and leave the kids with the favourite uncle who buys them way too many toys and gets them all over excited.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Don't forget to do everything you can to squash any fun or success the players might have. Try and make them stop playing and move on to another game. Toss in a pinch of cash grab and you'll be fine.

So, business as usual.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well it is the third year so maybe Triple Iso..?! Maybe.. please.. icon_e_wink.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    While we're at it, just go ahead and release SCL 8-10!!!!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Don't forget 20-people LRs! Hell, now that double-Iso week has happened outside Anniversary a couple times, I'd say that 20-people LRs are the one exclusive Anniversary feature that everybody waits the whole year to see.
    definitely before my time.
    what to farm in 20 people LR(lightning rounds?)s?
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    ammenell wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

It was right when I started, so I didn't play. However, I did hear that brackets were 20 people. So much like pvp, you can see all playing in that slice, but got the rewards based on your placement amongst your bracket. Top 20 finish for 1 hit is amazing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

If I recall correctly, it was an elektra lightning round that I think gave you a pretty well covered elektra (she was the newest 4* at the time).
    Pretty good odds of drawing her from a lightning round token, double ISO for victories, they lasted barely any time at all and had some easy to get progression rewards.

They were just a ton of fun and really rewarding. Which was why we were all immensely surprised and disappointed when the devs didn't make another one for the second anniversary.

Actually nvm, just looked it up. It was Thor.
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... nniversary)

There was an elektra one at some time though, wasn't there? I'm sure I remember one of those.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    Yoik wrote:
    Hey, given that last year's "double iso" ended up being "no iso", let's make it quad iso...

First they're going to knock it down to zero. Then they're going to quadruple it.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 20 person lightning rounds would be awesome again. I wouldn't even mind if it was fighting for 4Thor tokens.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, let's see.

Even the first anniversary had problems: Devil Dino was supposed to be the prize for Venom Heroic, but it rewarded 3* Cap instead.

To make up for that, 20 people LRs were run, featuring the about-to-be-released 4Thor.
    Gave out anniversary tokens with a very high rate of Dino.

Those LRs were universally loved, but later Devs claimed they don't want to run them again, because they were afraid people were burning out playing all of them.
    That was back in the days of 4hr refreshes in PVE, and no time slices,mind you - so no problem in burning out in those.

Those LRs made a comeback for the Elektra release, but only ran every 8 hrs or so?

So, there wasn't an anniversary without problems - only the compensation for these problems got worse over time, a lot worse.

So don't hold your breath for being showered with wonderful gifts this year.
    And expect... issues.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Yoik wrote:
    Upvote. This man knows about compounding interest.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Why were the developers scared to give us more ISO during the second anniversary week?

Because during the first anniversary week, ISO-8 doubled!

***This post was brought to you by a team of kindergarteners and the numbers 7, 8, and 9.