Doctor Doom vs. Scott Lang: Pulled Scott's Trap Tile

LuciferianX
LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
Good morning, team,

During the most recent Rocket & Groot event on Hard Node 1, in a fight that I'll call 'challenging,' Doom activated Diabolical Plot on the turn after I had deployed Pym Particles, and he pulled Scott's tile with it. I double checked the description, and it does state "Doom's Trap Tiles," not "any purple trap tiles." I have no real way of knowing if he also added the tile to his damage total, but it is definitely not functioning as intended.

~LUX

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    What more likely happened is that the passive of Diabolical Plot put Doom's trap on Scott's trap, which disarms it. Then Doom took the action to use the power.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    I agree that could have happened, although that seems odd in the canon. Trap tiles are already the most fragile of the specials, but a Trap can be overwritten by another trap?

If that's intended, I would consider that a rules gap. Good call, though, if that's the case.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Indeed, it's because traps are not allowed to exist for both teams on the same tile. This overwriting can happen with any trap tile user, but the most obvious case is using Doom vs. Doom in PVP. Your purple traps will disappear quite often as the enemy Doom overwrites them, with no banner/explanation of any kind.