Stop locking characters!

Shmoe50
Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
It seems like every third storyline or so, you limit play to only a dozen or so featured characters, and lock out the others. Please stop it! It is extremely frustrating to spend a lot of time and money to acquire and advance a nice variety of characters, only to get told that you can only use 12 to 15, often including some of the rarer ones that only have one or two powers with limited ranks. This means I can only play a few missions before all the characters are injured, and I gave to start. I only have a couple of hours a day when I can play, and can'take be in and out of the game all day as characters heal. I like that you give some characters boosts to encourage us to use them, but quit forcing us to only use a few select characters of your choice. It does not encourage us to spend money on medpacks, it encourages us to quit playing at all. Thanks!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, lots of people dislike Heroic events. Personally I enjoy the challenge of a limited roster.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have always been frustrated with Heroic: Whatever's roster locking myself. Being unable to actually make a good team for a given mission is very, very annoying. The reinforcement concept is interesting, but would be more enjoyable if the reinforcements were all available for the entire event. Unlike other events with featured and weekly characters, please offer the featured, weekly, and reinforcement characters the whole time so that at least some of the frustration is mitigated.

A better solution, to me, would make Heroic events a "no villains" zone. Simply lock out all characters with the villain tag, even if that means one or two weekly characters are unavailable. No need to boost reinforcements, just please let me have my roster.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Lots of heroics still wind up featuring characters in our restricted roster set. So we aren't even given full access to the restricted set. That's a little weak.