Something to do with surplus 4* covers?

steakleather
steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Did I read they were going to create some alternative to selling 4* covers that are not yet championed? If so, any news on when this is going to happen? I've got a black cover for my 5/5/1 Drax and a Green for my 5/2/4 X-23 that are just sitting in my rewards, and I'm not sure whether to sell them yet.

Moderator note: this post was reported as a spoiler, but does not appear to be based on any code-diving or other unapproved activity. We have decided to treat this as a rumor, not a spoiler. -DayvBang

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a chance that was a Dream... At the very least I don't recall hearing anything about it.
    No harm in hanging on to them for as long as you can though. If you happen to get two in the same color, you can start a new character, level it up, and then sell it off for a bit extra ISO.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is one of my biggest pains in the game. If the covers would not expire I would enjoy the game much, much more. Well... one can dream.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    There is a chance that was a Dream... At the very least I don't recall hearing anything about it.
    No harm in hanging on to them for as long as you can though. If you happen to get two in the same color, you can start a new character, level it up, and then sell it off for a bit extra ISO.
    How much do you get for that? I have 2 extra Electra black covers.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Roster 2 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers of the same colour
    2. Level character to level 82
    3. Spend an additional 31 iso8.png
    4. Sell for 1183 iso8.png profit
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kabir had talked on Reddit I think that they are working on this issue. For now you can try and contact CS and see if you. And get something done. I think he they were thinking more about 5* thst people have to sell rather then 4* but it is never hurts asking CS nicely. If they say no you get 1000 ISO
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    How much do you get for that? I have 2 extra Electra black covers.
    If you level the character up a bit (I _Think_ the limit is at level 82 and an additional 31 ISO put in), it sells for 4000 ISO, so you go about 1500 ISO plus compared to straight up Selling the covers.
    It's not much, but it's something at least.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    This would be great, since I'm currently sitting on six 4* covers I can't use. Well, I guess I technically could use three of them, but only if I wanted to champion Star-Lord, Elektra, or Mr. Fantastic... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I always thought a great fix for this would be to implement some kind of a folder to store 5-10 covers in. they would not expire until you were ready to use them.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would love a feature where you can select up to 3 characters you never want a cover for. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really wish they would let you select color for these at last....

Or that you could add multiple copies and trade them back in for covers when you finally get them covered....

Or that 4*'s wouldn't cost so much to max, since they are released so often....

What to do with surplus 4* covers? Use them to wipe your tears as you sell them for the horrible price of 1000 ISO, another something they could fix.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    madok wrote:
    I would love a feature where you can select up to 3 characters you never want a cover for. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I would choose Mr. Fantastic 3 times. Guess who I have fully covered, despite only having 6 championed 4*'s?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 covers should NEVER expire, and 4 covers should last at the very minimum one month (but they could also never expire).

There is no reason at all for 5 covers to expire. There are no 5 essentials, so no reason at all for cycling them. This would help a bit when you get the 6th cover of a color for a 5 that is not champed.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    5 covers should NEVER expire, and 4 covers should last at the very minimum one month (but they could also never expire).

There is no reason at all for 5 covers to expire. There are no 5 essentials, so no reason at all for cycling them. This would help a bit when you get the 6th cover of a color for a 5 that is not champed.

+1. This is a great solution to my earlier thread about the issue with 5* dupe draws. I certainly would feel 100% better if I knew that cover could be useful one day instead of the anguish of selling for 2k.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, make your voice heard here. Keep the thread alive, and maybe one day...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Roster 2 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers of the same colour
    2. Level character to level 82
    3. Spend an additional 31 iso8.png
    4. Sell for 1183 iso8.png profit
    1.5. Get XP for applying the second cover.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I hate the expiry , for the second time in a month I've got a cover for 4* Thor that I can't use , I've got 5 in 2 colours and none of the top power , as 4* covers from LT cost you 20-25 points you shouldn't get duplicate s

Particularly miffed as today's cover was for renewing as a VIP so hoped for a better reward

Hopefully we'll get something good for the anniversary
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor

But this time... THIS TIME RIGHT HERE.... might be when we finally break through right? icon_lol.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    madok wrote:

Hmmm ...

Reconciling RNG and Player Need for Control of Progress

... it was a lovely dream.

cow-dream.jpg
    It's a SUPER complicated dream! Just imagining the interface, support tickets, and user discovery on that feature is painful.