The PVP points funnel

madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As has been pointed out repeatedly, pvp points are exchanged via a funnel. You have the chance of gaining points one match at a time and lose them potentially multiple matches at once.

So how could this be fixed? The folks on this board are pretty smart. I mean heck, look at all those improvements for Galactus we helped with. icon_rolleyes.gif

With the whole queue system and how it caches, I'm not sure we could go with the only being queue'd one fight at time. That would be a nightmare I think.

Perhaps a countdown timer of 5-15 minutes of when you can't be actively queue'd after you drop shields to get a fight or two in? I'm not sure if something like that could be abused.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Fix point loss at a max of 10 points per loss. Yes, it will inflate scores dramatically, but at least it's fairer.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's more idealistic to increase participation by all rosters.

- Increase progression goals by like 300 a piece (you'll see where I'm going in a bit) yes even the seasonal ones, add a few new ones, mainly iso

- Increase ISO and HP from placement, add 4 star covers till top 10, top 1 15 CP.

- Have each events placement points operate independently of the progress points made.

Win a match for 75? got 75 towards progression for the season and placement
    Lose a match? Lose 30 towards placement but none towards progression.

Top alliances will pretty much stay where they are if they are competitive They can grind to heights unimaginable if they want, but it will have no effect on others attempts to gain rewards to help strengthen their roster and enjoy the game.
    Sheilds still hold relevance for the improved placement rewards.
    Placement is for whoever puts the time and work in.

it's worth testing out with a short season at the very least.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Win a match for 75? got 75 towards progression for the season and placement
    Lose a match? Lose 30 towards placement but none towards progression.

I love it. Of course, I posted a very similar idea in another thread awhile back. icon_e_biggrin.gif

You have fleshed it out a lot more than I ever did though so nice job. It rewards people that want to put in the time.