Latest PVP Changes - Good, Bad, Ugly

mpqrulz
mpqrulz Posts: 12
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm gonna chime in a few of my opinions on things I've experienced in this season of PVP so far and changes to next PVP event (Sticks and Stones).

Good - Moving some of the CP from max progression to mid progression is excellent. If primarily only rosters with championed 5* characters can get max progression reasonably now that's fine, but to have limited the reward to get 5* primarily only to those with maxed 5* is silly. Now, weaker rosters should be able to make progress as well. For the super strong rosters, their total rewards remain the same.

Bad - Not being able to queue both ways. So right now, seems like I get to a point where I can primarily only queue people around my score range say 30-40 points. This by itself is okay, but then why can teams far lower than me queue me? I would tend to feel queuing should go both ways. It's frustrating to have to say take a 3* team, have a tough battle against a 4* team and win for like 40 points, then find that a team far lower than me that I couldn't even queue just beat me for 70 points and I net lose 30 points. Sure I could retaliate, get 10 points back, and they get another retaliation on me for an even bigger net loss?

Ugly - How come for ranked rewards for PVP I'd rather be ranked 201-300 than 101-200 for Clearance Level 7? At rank 101 I would win 2000 iso and a 2* Moonstone cover. If I finish 300 I get the same 2000 iso, but I get 2 elite tokens that guarantees me at least two 2* covers with possible chances to win 3* covers?!?! And rank 51 I'd get 25hp only more than rank 300? Seems a bit backwards. Especially since odds are if I'm at clearance level 7, and able to get top 101, odds are I'm not waiting for when I can finally get that missing 2* Moonstone cover I've been wanting.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I had not noticed the elite tolen/ 2* cover thing. Kinda funny but yeah, odd.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'll say a few things about your comments.

Good: Nothing to say about what you said

Bad: There would be no point in you attacking them. They'd show up as worth 10 points and you'd skip. Then everyone would complain that they have to skip 100 times to get high point battles. That would be way worse than the current situation.

Ugly: Not 100% sure on this but I think they said you get what the ranks under you get too. There was a thread about it a few days ago
  • eaise wrote:

Ugly: Not 100% sure on this but I think they said you get what the ranks under you get too. There was a thread about it a few days ago

Can you find this thread? Because I haven't read anything beyond this being a total **** up on their part.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    eaise wrote:

Can you find this thread? Because I haven't read anything beyond this being a total tinykitty up on their part.

I'd also like to know if this is true or not. I strategically lost three matches to get down to #201 in my bracket so I could get the two Elite tokens, rather than the one Ares cover.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Well, I finished exactly 25th in Fist Bump and got 3 Cage covers and 3 Elite tokens. I know that's anecdata, but take it fwiw.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    About the Bad: it's not that you 'can't' queue people higher than you at higher scores. It's just that certain changes (widely discussed in other threads) greatly diminished the number of people with higher scores past certain point. So it's not that you 'can't' but rather that there's no one to queue. So yeah, still "Bad" but not for the reason you think.

About the Ugly: That's merely a display issue. Every reward tier gets additionally the rewards of the tier below. There's just not room to show them all.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    About the Ugly: That's merely a display issue. Every reward tier gets additionally the rewards of the tier below. There's just not room to show them all.

Ah well...then I guess I helped a few people get some higher ranks than they normally would have. You're all welcome! icon_e_smile.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    For what it's worth, I was trying for T50 in Fist Bump because I needed the Cage covers and extra HP. I ended up getting 65th, which got me two Ares covers and three Elite tokens. I thought it was going to be only the covers, so was pleasantly surprised to get the Elite tokens.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    About the Bad: it's not that you 'can't' queue people higher than you at higher scores. It's just that certain changes (widely discussed in other threads) greatly diminished the number of people with higher scores past certain point. So it's not that you 'can't' but rather that there's no one to queue. So yeah, still "Bad" but not for the reason you think.

Bad - I understand less people with higher scores. But weaker rosters than mine can queue me. But then I can't queue stronger rosters above me either that I know are unshielded in my bracket. Probably can't beat the 5* teams but there must be some maxed 4* teams that I'm not seeing either.

Ugly - Well, if that is true it makes more sense then.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqrulz wrote:

Ugly - How come for ranked rewards for PVP I'd rather be ranked 201-300 than 101-200 for Clearance Level 7? At rank 101 I would win 2000 iso and a 2* Moonstone cover. If I finish 300 I get the same 2000 iso, but I get 2 elite tokens that guarantees me at least two 2* covers with possible chances to win 3* covers?!?! And rank 51 I'd get 25hp only more than rank 300? Seems a bit backwards. Especially since odds are if I'm at clearance level 7, and able to get top 101, odds are I'm not waiting for when I can finally get that missing 2* Moonstone cover I've been wanting.

Actually I can confirm I ranked 122 in IF to won Ares and 2 Elite tokens! They likely cannot fit in all the text. I like this change. Screw the one cover 3*, I opened two 3* from the elites haha