I hope the next QOL change involves cover rerolls

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
or colorless covers or something.

I beat the Crash today and for my efforts was rewarded with my 6th icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png after having pulled my 7th and 8th icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png as two of my preceding four pulls.

Yes I know random chance I took it in the shorts hurrah but there is no good reason why, when 101/108 4* covers are useful to me, I should pull from the pool of the 7 which aren't on three of my last five Legendary Tokens AND have no ability to use the cover beyond selling it for ISO (neither of the characters who pulled duplicate covers have/had a prayer of reaching max coverage before the cover expires).

I mean, I could legitimately have used additional covers for either Professor X or Invisible Woman. The latter needs just two covers to reach 13, and the former still has yet to bestow upon me a yellow after all this time (a blue is coming for him in the not-to-distant future which will make him 5/5/0 and make it a whole EIGHT covers of 108 that I can't use), but PX's purple or IW's green? Those are maxed.

Why is there not an ability to reroll covers, at the very least? Seems like that would be an easy add for an HP revenue stream for D3/Demi. I get that for balance reasons 5* would have to be exempted from the possible pulls on a reroll, or else gaming the system to ensure a particular latest 5* pull might be a thing. Heck, probably would be a thing.

But for 3* and 4*, at least, a reroll or an auction house or something ought to be introduced to mitigate these wasted pulls (and yeah, I'm aware that there's folks out there who have it worse than me, but I can only comment based on my own experiences).

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Working on it / begging for it.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    They already to it. For 5* in the 25CP token and still in your queue. So basically whale-service. Good for them, they keep the lights on.
  • ngoni wrote:
    They already to it. For 5* in the 25CP token and still in your queue. So basically whale-service. Good for them, they keep the lights on.

What?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    But for 3* and 4*, at least, a reroll or an auction house or something ought to be introduced to mitigate these wasted pulls (and yeah, I'm aware that there's folks out there who have it worse than me, but I can only comment based on my own experiences).

3* are common enough that it probably isn't necessary there, but 4* covers should either become colourless covers once you have maxed a their actual cover or you should be allowed to pay a small fee to reroll the colour and as far as 5* covers, those are rare enough for most people that those should always be colourless.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

3* are common enough that it probably isn't necessary there, but 4* covers should either become colourless covers once you have maxed a their actual cover or you should be allowed to pay a small fee to reroll the colour and as far as 5* covers, those are rare enough for most people that those should always be colourless.

Well, my thought was that Demi/D3 probably wouldn't loosen up on RNG enough to allow the reroll to be specific to the character, but just a reroll of the cover at that rarity tier instead. So on a reroll maybe I don't get icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png but I end up with icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png instead or something. I mean, ideally, yes - I'd have that level of control and I could have re-rolled those two icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png to chase yellowflag.png instead, but I'm just cynical enough to acknowledge that any change to the existing system would probably not get THAT specific.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing is, if they allowed rerolls within the character you would get those first 13 covers sooner and then that's one more chance to tempt you to buy iso to champ them, whereas a random reroll within the tier would just end up having to be too expensive or would be used to get specific characters.

These days you need 113 covers to max a character so it seems peculiar for that first 13 to be the only ones that are needed so specifically.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Getting super rare covers you can't use leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side....we all know we don't want that to happen.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think the easiest solution would be to make 4* covers worth 5-10 CP when you sell them instead of 1000 ISO. Not exactly a reroll, but it would make selling those covers much less painful.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    We could just go back to using hero points to buy 4* covers. I'd be okay with that