Blades nightstalker vs. minions

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
Is Blade's Nightstalker ability to steal Green from the Controls/Mutants/etc working properly?

I had it out (it said to steal green, but I had killed Mystique w/ it so IDK, her's is Pink), and the AI had 6 Green banked, it wasn't stealing any to give me +3.

I killed 1x, and then it stole the 3AP, then I won. So I don't know if it fixed itself or what.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is an example of a long-standing, unlikely-to-ever-be-fixed bug in how the game determines a team's strongest color. When there is a tie for the team's strongest tile strength, powers that use the strongest color will choose between all the possible colors at random, no matter what color the description says it will target. With goons, it will choose between all the colors they generate, so it may try to steal from a currently empty color but not from one they would never have at all.

No D3/Demiurge person has ever even acknowledged in public that this behavior exists, no matter how many bug report threads are made about it. We should probably just have a perma-sticky.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Just imagine I'm writing a seven paragraph article/rant on the nature of the goon system and include things like "makes all matches at the highest possible damage, thus generating an inability to steal correctly if that's your defense of choice" somewhere in paragraph four.

It saves me a lot of typing and editing.