Season XXXII: Rewards Update

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Here's word from the dev team regarding an update to Command Point rewards for the Fist Bump event and "Mini" Season XXXII:
    "We have changed the last reward for the Season and Fist Bump to 25 Command Points. In future runs of tiered Versus events, we will be splitting up the Command Point distribution (just like in Story events)."

Thank you.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds good. I figured it was probably just a small mix-up. Thanks again.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    It was not a mix up, though. lol
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Order is restored!

Now, if the reduced CP was your first instinct, when putting together anniversary prizes please consider going with your second instinct....
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they were trying to split it up like in PvE, but just neglected to add in the other 5 CP rewards.

A- for the idea, D- for the implementation.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Is this scl 7 only? I joined scl 6 season and fist bump partly bases on final cp being the same with a chance of better placement. If I knew there was more cp in scl 7 I would have played there.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Anything about the nerfing of placement rewards?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this scl 7 only? I joined scl 6 season and fist bump partly bases on final cp being the same with a chance of better placement. If I knew there was more cp in scl 7 I would have played there.
    I have not joined Fist Bump yet, so I can still see the various SCL rewards... it does appear to only be 25 CP for clearance level 7. 6 is still 15 CP.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Looks like they were trying to split it up like in PvE, but just neglected to add in the other 5 CP rewards.

A- for the idea, D- for the implementation.

This was pretty much what I'd assumed happened.
    Communication in general has improved, I figured if anything like that had changed and they hadn't told us it was probably a mistake.
  • 9fingers
    9fingers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    A mistake... Maybe or what itll be when future tiers are introduced.
    At least they listened to the feedback and responded quickly.
    I wonder who gets the biggest say?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Here's word from the dev team regarding an update to Command Point rewards for the Fist Bump event and "Mini" Season XXXII:
      "We have changed the last reward for the Season and Fist Bump to 25 Command Points. In future runs of tiered Versus events, we will be splitting up the Command Point distribution (just like in Story events)."

Thank you.

Thanks for the communication and swift change to the PvP event rewards.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** i forgot shiled = season i though ummmm dont need those early cover so i do level 4.... Go into my season and see level 4 = no 10 pack.. so mostly just skipping season maybe jump in last 20 or so min and hope for new brackets and snip some easy covers at least its only a 4 event season so no major loss
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm glad you're taking it so well. Perhaps you'll be in the running for T1? icon_twisted.gif
  • Am I the only one who thinks they don't know what PROGRESSION actually means?

VS SL7.... PROGRESSION reward is supposed to be Miles Morales... but it's actually a PLACEMENT reward instead...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Called it.

Thank you for clarifying this in short order, Demiurge.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    9fingers wrote:
    A mistake... Maybe or what itll be when future tiers are introduced.
    At least they listened to the feedback and responded quickly.
    I wonder who gets the biggest say?

Considering that pve had exact the same change, it does seem like that this was a genuine mistake that they reduced the top reward without slotting in the two smaller rewards earlier in the progression.