Better Use of Gold Characters

Options
I don't mind them making Lazy Characters if it means they can spend development time elsewhere like a new prologue or funbalances, but I would much rather see one star characters upgraded to two or three star as opposed to two stars being upgraded. The thinking here is that two star covers are still usable at lv85, the jump from 85 to 141 isn't that much of a difference. Where as one star covers really have no use outside of when they force us to use them in events. There are a lot of cool characters like Juggernaut, Venom or Modern Storm that could be upgraded and be really good and interesting upgrades that would diversify peoples rosters instead of something like Thor which was already used a ton before so no new diversity came out of that upgrade.

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh god a modern storm that actually had HP? Terrifying.
  • Modern storm's skills would actually have to get weakened if you let her go to 85: 2* storm is arguably worse at the same levels.

Now, if you were talking about adding a skill to Juggernaut and Venom, and letting those two go to 85, we'd actually be talking. Those two could be made respectable 2*s without much work.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    hibikir wrote:
    Now, if you were talking about adding a skill to Juggernaut and Venom, and letting those two go to 85, we'd actually be talking. Those two could be made respectable 2*s without much work.
    And yet people would still be afraid of using Juggernaut because he hurts himself.
  • IceIX wrote:
    hibikir wrote:
    And yet people would still be afraid of using Juggernaut because he hurts himself.

Crazy right? In that last 1* tourney I was happy to let Storm tank for him so he could use all of his precious health up head butting Venoms and Iron Mans.
  • Spoit
    Options
    hibikir wrote:
    Modern storm's skills would actually have to get weakened if you let her go to 85: 2* storm is arguably worse at the same levels.

That's because c.storm was hit by 2 major nerfs. The nerf to her yellow, and the rag nerf which made getting enough green that her's was actually better than m.storms feasible
  • Well this is my outlook on gold covers ATM. Lazy Thor I still dislike and disapprove of. I'm levelling him because if his power levels but definitely not spending on him and not happy with h being in the game. Cap I'm a lil happier with. He wasn't a super viable 2* and he got some ability improvements. Not all that bad. What I would have rather seen happen was 2* cap get a 120ish protect tile with blue and a 75ish attack tile with his red. This would have made him a really cool character and no need for the gold version. I mean really, we see them enough as it is during the long 2* phase and further. Taking covers like jugg and m storm and 1* hawkeye etc etc and making them balanced 3* characters to save developing time, that I would completely approve of. The 1* phase goes by much quicker than others and they don't see nearly the use as 2* does already. This would be very justifiable. I hope if gold covers continue it is more 1* and not anymore 2*. Good suggestion.
  • New 2 stars would be nice tho, think i almost skipped that roster stage, only have a maxed Obw and 40 cstorm for events to show for it after thorvorine got sold. As for1 star, completely skipped that stage.
  • hibikir wrote:
    Modern storm's skills would actually have to get weakened if you let her go to 85: 2* storm is arguably worse at the same levels.

Don't give them ideas. We should be asking them to finish the characters they have released (Juggernaut, Daken, Ragnarok, ...) before we get Silver and Gold versions of unfinished characters.
  • Some two stars are quite good already. An upgrade will make them on par with the existing threes, if not better. I'd rather they did lazy jugg, lazy obw, lazy mn magneto or even lazy wolves than ole cap
  • theapropos wrote:
    Some two stars are quite good already. An upgrade will make them on par with the existing threes, if not better. I'd rather they did lazy jugg, lazy obw, lazy mn magneto or even lazy wolves than ole cap

Hmm, if it had to happen anyway this is the exact reason I'm glad it was Cap and not juggs, OBW, mags, wolvie or either storm.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Honestly, we could really use more 2*s, and while a gold jugg or m.storm would be just ridiculous, a silver one could be pretty interesting