SCL7 PVP max prog is now set to 25CP

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Everybody put the torches and pitchforks down and go home.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    But...but I live here.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Can't we still fling some burning bags of dog poo unto their front porch?
    Just a few?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Sweet Jesus.

But who's going to clean up all these discarded pitchforks??? It's making a mess in the town square.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emily-Litella-Never-mind_medium.jpg
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shame they didn't go for the same option as pve and split it into 5, 5, 15, make a bit more cp available to more people.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is good! Glad they fixed this stupid change.

But there are still plenty of reasons to hold on to the pitchforks, just in case. . . icon_e_smile.gif

And why are placement cp reduced from top 50 to just top 10?

I am fine with shifting rewards from the placement side to the prog side, but less fine with just making placement worse.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. Too bad 3* placement rewards are still at top 50 instead of last season's top 100.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Cool. Too bad 3* placement rewards are still at top 50 instead of last season's top 100.

On the other hand, now you get two 3*s at top 50. It's an interesting tradeoff and I'm betting a sort of a test. I'm guessing they want to increase competition at mid-high scores. it used to be that If you couldn't achieve top 25 (which in some slices meant well over 1000 points, then you could just give up and float and get the top 100 reward with as little as 600 points. It was definitiely not optimal that the top 26th person was getting almost exactly the same stuff as the top 100th, when the difference could easily be 500 points.
    Pylgrim wrote:

Hell no, as this does nothing to undermine my relaxed attitude toward PVP icon_lol.gif

I've been slacking a long time ... but if climbing will ("should") be easier thanks to scoring changes ... and max prog is only 1200 now .... and my roster continues to strengthen .... not playing for the CP is making less and less sense.

Cutting the CP was a boon to my malaise.

If it helps any, I don't believe for a second that climbing will be easier. Without ccs, targets will generally be less valuable and more difficult. Instead of seeing 3* or easy 4* teams worth 60 points around 1k points, you'll see only strong 4* and 5* teams giving you only 40 points or so around 900 points.
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Ah nuts, I joined level 6 as a champ fist level was better than selling kingpin cover for 1000 iso. Oh well not like it's worth spending my cp hoard anyway.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

That part does suck, but they're saying the 25 CP will be broken up into smaller milestones similar to the new PvE structure in future events, which means more CP for people who can't hit 1300 regularly. As one of those people, I'll take that trade.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    See, this is what happens when you assume "OMFG THEY NERFED IT! BURN THEEEEM!!!" instead of "Let's just wait and see if it was a mistake or if they wanted to see our reaction first, eh? Play it calm, maybe?"

It's depressing going on the internet these days and seeing anything slightly negative is immediately confronted with anger, insults and bile like this is just the worst thing ever to happen to anyone. Can we not turn everything into a controversy and just calm the hell down? Stop throwing your toys out of the pram at every opportunity?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    See, this is what happens when you assume "OMFG THEY NERFED IT! BURN THEEEEM!!!" instead of "Let's just wait and see if it was a mistake or if they wanted to see our reaction first, eh? Play it calm, maybe?"

It's depressing going on the internet these days and seeing anything slightly negative is immediately confronted with anger, insults and bile like this is just the worst thing ever to happen to anyone. Can we not turn everything into a controversy and just calm the hell down? Stop throwing your toys out of the pram at every opportunity?
    Somehow, it must be a ploy to sell healthpacks... curse Big Pharma!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I just thought it was a mistake because it looked like the same progression as the PvE did.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    sucks most people have already picked different levels

look at it this way Its only 4 games no big lost.. its notlike its a normal 10 event run then i would been pissed