Strongest team?

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What constitutes your "strongest team", as percieved by the new PVP change? Is it the team with the highest level? Are covers factored in? Is star rating factored in?

How is this calculated?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't Think anyone knows yet. System has only been live for around 10 hours...
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    According to the interwiew during the last PW3 podcast ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51606 ), this system should affect you only if you play two very different teams, like passing from a championed 4 star.png team to a 2 star.png team, so it shouldn't affect much the almost totality of the players. It's a change specifically intended for cupcakes.
    Of course the reality may be different, but for now that's the most reliable source.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping at some point that they will make it more clear, so you can always see what your current defensive team is. And if you use a different team, it will let you know whether this will create a new defensive team.

You know people will experiment, and then instead of doing 2* ccs, they'll do 3* or 4* ccs, just using particularly weak or under-levelled characters. It will be more of a pain, but when there's a will, there's a way.

I won't personally do it myself, but I'm sure people will work to game the system, no matter what controls are in place. Because nerds won't give up!!! icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Because nerds won't give up!!! icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

You shouldn't be surprised when gamers try to game the system... It's what they do.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're afraid to tell us because they don't want people gaming the system within 2 minutes. So they'd rather piss off everyone and have us go in blindly and end up having people figure out how to game the system within half an hour instead.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if it's simply current team vs previous team, you just have to step your teams down progressively based on the unknown tolerance.
    Climb with A-Team, taper down to Steak, then Brownie, then Cupcake, call them out as you go, then A-Team and shield. No?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Amsha3gar wrote:
    According to the interwiew during the last PW3 podcast ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51606 ), this system should affect you only if you play two very different teams, like passing from a championed 4 star.png team to a 2 star.png team, so it shouldn't affect much the almost totality of the players. It's a change specifically intended for cupcakes.
    Of course the reality may be different, but for now that's the most reliable source.

That was my take as well after listening. FWIW, testing in s1 has not gone well. Switching to 4's from 5's isn't showing up for anyone in q's.
  • I use multiple strong teams based on who Im lined up against...some are much better defensively than others but could be looked at as equivalent strength. Its a pretty important question to answer
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    So if it's simply current team vs previous team, you just have to step your teams down progressively based on the unknown tolerance.
    Climb with A-Team, taper down to Steak, then Brownie, then Cupcake, call them out as you go, then A-Team and shield. No?

If your intention is to leave a cupcake, then I think your final step undoes everything you worked for. Unless I misunderstand.