Does PvP matchmaking ignore SCL?

KrisPWales
KrisPWales Posts: 21
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I am a 3*->4* transitioners without any maxed 4* characters. I joined SCL 6 to see if my matches would be easier, giving me a chance of hitting the 900 progression reward. However, on clearing the seed teams I am presented with the same high level IF, 4* and 5* that I would be matched with before SCL was introduced. It appears as if the SCL does not affect who you get to fight. Is this the case and if so, what is the point of the SCL at all?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, your MMR stays the same across all levels.

So there is zero reason to ever not choose the highest available SL.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Yes, your MMR stays the same across all levels.

So there is zero reason to ever not choose the highest available SL.
    I can Think of one reason: In a lower clearance level your stronger roster may help you get better placement.
    This is of course offset by the lower placement rewards though, and there's no guarantee it will work.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    One more reason - in SL 6 you get an extra 3* cover for your championed hero (if you have them championed) so it might make sense if the 4* prog cover in CL7 gives you the color you have 5 of but the 4* hero is not championed.

I am still looking for information what will happen to my season CL if I join the CL6 for extra IF cover compared to the 1k ISO for yellow Kingpin. I will probably try to lock in the season for CL7 by joining Sim first on that level.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:

I am still looking for information what will happen to my season CL if I join the CL6 for extra IF cover compared to the 1k ISO for yellow Kingpin. I will probably try to lock in the season for CL7 by joining Sim first on that level.

Joining fist bump or ssim first will place you in that CL for season. If you want a different CL for season then select that first from the season icon.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Magic wrote:
    One more reason - in SL 6 you get an extra 3* cover for your championed hero (if you have them championed) so it might make sense if the 4* prog cover in CL7 gives you the color you have 5 of but the 4* hero is not championed.

That is exactly my case. My Kingpin is 1/5/5. Since there's no point in getting another yellow cover, I joined CL6 for the extra IF cover.