premium package ( like real PVP, Tournaments etc )

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i just wonder for people who really spend a lot of money and have a highly developed level 5 team.

why not have a premium package. were people really can fight PVP against each other. what i read there are people who spend like 10.000+ dollars in this game. why not have for them a premium package where they pay like 100+ dollars a month and enjoy exclusive stuff. have real PVP tournaments were they play against each other. clans vs clans etc.

and have real prices for victors, like a specially created marvel statue/ signed posters,cards etc.

what do you think?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    They used to have special PvP tournaments where you paid HP to enter and the prizes were a lot better - I Think at least one had the grand prize of every single cover in the game. They only ran for 12 hours though. I don't know why they stopped, maybe the Alliances gave the competitive folks a better outlet.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    There were only a handful of those buy-in tournaments. I wasn't confident enough or awash in enough HP to enter, but unless I'm mistaken they stopped because there wasn't enough interest. I'd have to guess that it was a combination of fear of the opposition and not enough of a value proposition. Remember that this was back in the day when HP was harder to come by and you also used it for more than roster slots and shields. I think now that HP flow has been drastically increased, and devalued besides, it might be a good idea to revisit. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a different Versus event besides the god-awful wasteland of off-season.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    There were only a handful of those buy-in tournaments. I wasn't confident enough or awash in enough HP to enter, but unless I'm mistaken they stopped because there wasn't enough interest. I'd have to guess that it was a combination of fear of the opposition and not enough of a value proposition. Remember that this was back in the day when HP was harder to come by and you also used it for more than roster slots and shields. I think now that HP flow has been drastically increased, and devalued besides, it might be a good idea to revisit. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a different Versus event besides the god-awful wasteland of off-season.
    The main reason I never played in them was that they ran from 6PM to 6AM my time... This was Before time slices, and I suspect a thing like that would be hard to implement with time slices.
    Also "eveyr cover in the same" meant a lot less back then...
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realtime PVP would be horrible. Even on console games there's the constant problem of people just walking away from the controller and never coming back - can you imagine how bad it'd be when people are constantly getting social media updates on the same device they're playing on? Not to mention the people playing on lousy connections. Nooooo thank you.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Realtime PVP would be horrible. Even on console games there's the constant problem of people just walking away from the controller and never coming back - can you imagine how bad it'd be when people are constantly getting social media updates on the same device they're playing on? Not to mention the people playing on lousy connections. Nooooo thank you.

Valid point