Amadey Cho and Silver S. now is super!

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Try play this two, this good powers!

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I actually came across a roster in Fist Bump carrying a champed TA Hulk. Honestly, I think I made the right choice in champing punmax instead. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • wanghiking
    wanghiking Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    unfortunately, i champed my Cho, and based on his performance in PVE, it's below my expectation...improved, but not impressive enough
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying the surfer changes. He's now an excellent 5* battery
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

It's been just one day, but even though he is now a much better 5, I still think that Devs were a bit undecided of what role they wanted for him. He can be a battery, but not a great battery because his powers are still too expensive. It can be an offensive char, but not a great one. It can also be a tank, with the healing, etc. but not a great one.

As a battery his powers are still a bit to expensive. 9 AP for his blue is great, but the problem is that it is still generating charged tiles, so you need to match them before you get the AP, and they can be matched by the AI. And even though you can select one tile, this is just for the color, this tile might not be transformed, so all tiles might end up in hard to match positions. Then black is still too expensive to act as a battery. 12AP is still too much for that, and now it just produces 15AP. If we compare this to great batteries like IM, switch, IF, Rhulk, etc. the cost of their powers is much smaller and the amount of AP you get much higher.

Then as an offensive char, his red is much better but it is still far from other similar costed powers like GG black or PH red. Black has been improved a lot in this regard, the final damage it is big. But again 8k is still far away from the 16k+ powers of other 5s for that cost.

As a tank, his blue is now cheaper but it heals less, and it is the power that you might have at 3, so it is hard for him to be as good as OML or Hulk in this category.

So, he is much much better char, he is far from bad now, he might be better than Hulk, and of course Cap, who is now the clear worst 5 there is. He is now worth the iso BUT he is still a character that tries to do too many things without doing any of those great. So for me it was a good buff, but not something like the IM40 buff, I think It might been much better if they assigned a role to him to fill.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Cho is now the center piece of some pretty legit combos. Cho/Flaptain/Switch, Cho/Flaptain/4Thor, Cho/MoStorm/4Thor. Take him for a spin! I'm going to champion him eventually as he's sitting with a 5/3/5 build.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game basically forced me to champ Cho - rebuilt as an enabler, old 5/5/3 build with enough ISO to max him and an extra cover in queue to champ him....

Wish I could get the covers for SS to try him, but RNG-only still makes sure -THAT- won't happen, eh?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

It's been just one day, but even though he is now a much better 5, I still think that Devs were a bit undecided of what role they wanted for him. He can be a battery, but not a great battery because his powers are still too expensive. It can be an offensive char, but not a great one. It can also be a tank, with the healing, etc. but not a great one.

As a battery his powers are still a bit to expensive. 9 AP for his blue is great, but the problem is that it is still generating charged tiles, so you need to match them before you get the AP, and they can be matched by the AI. And even though you can select one tile, this is just for the color, this tile might not be transformed, so all tiles might end up in hard to match positions. Then black is still too expensive to act as a battery. 12AP is still too much for that, and now it just produces 15AP. If we compare this to great batteries like IM, switch, IF, Rhulk, etc. the cost of their powers is much smaller and the amount of AP you get much higher.

Then as an offensive char, his red is much better but it is still far from other similar costed powers like GG black or PH red. Black has been improved a lot in this regard, the final damage it is big. But again 8k is still far away from the 16k+ powers of other 5s for that cost.

As a tank, his blue is now cheaper but it heals less, and it is the power that you might have at 3, so it is hard for him to be as good as OML or Hulk in this category.

So, he is much much better char, he is far from bad now, he might be better than Hulk, and of course Cap, who is now the clear worst 5 there is. He is now worth the iso BUT he is still a character that tries to do too many things without doing any of those great. So for me it was a good buff, but not something like the IM40 buff, I think It might been much better if they assigned a role to him to fill.

Fair point but let's be honest im40 got too much of a buff. We all love using him so it's sacrilege to say it but his yellow is way too cheap for what it returns.

I've been using surfer in SIM all day and I agree his black is still too expensive but I've found that blue is highly useful and rarely places charges where I can't match them, I also tend to maximise this by picking a colour that I can match right away...also AI doesn't prioritize charges so that's a benefit to the player. My preferred surfer build now would be 535... Mine alas is just 332 at the min.