Options
2»

Comments

• Zinks
    Zinks Posts: 1
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Thanks for the content!

I think you guys glossed over some changes. In pvp, the lower prog rewards aren't because of the short season. They are because of defensive team and scoring changes. The devs want it to be harder to reach high scores, and to compensate. They are lowering the prog target.

I don't think SS will be competitive in PvP now. But he is definitely a lot better.

Solid interview with Dave and co. From Demi. I would like to have heard more follow-up questions about populating the higher clearance levels. What is the target population for rolling those out? I don't know how quickly 4* and 5* play is growing, but certainly at the level 450 5* tier, there aren't many players now and likely won't be any time soon. So should we not expect to see more levels rolled out until 2017?

And of course more pushback on baking would have been useful. Dave framed the entire debate as "cupcakers block 'normal players' out from prizes." that's true for placement, but not at all true for prog rewards (as evidenced by the prog reward changes). Also, I think it would have been worth asking for more details about defensive teama, rather than expressly glossing them over.

Also, re: character balancing it is interesting to hear some detail about their rebalance process. I am a little concerned that Dave said nothing about normalizing usage data for ownership. That might lead to older characters being over-resented with respect to rebalancing.

Thanks to Demi/d3 for participating in the podcast and to the soon-to-be-named podcast network for setting this up.

Also, re: iceman. 5/5/3 is absolutely the best build. No question at all. The massive single target nuke is way more valuable than a little extra blue tile conversion. Play him with im40. One of the best teams in the game. In general iceman is the single best 4* in the game. I think you undersold him in your analysis. You have offered much more praise for other 4*s (cough Drax! Cough) that are not nearly as good as ice.

Re: champ'ing: it is worth champ'ing all 3*s and 4*s in the long run, but it's a very high starting cost. Champing rewards for 3*s and 4*s are especially useful sources of CP.

Re: Iceman team: who do you normally pair with him and IM40??