Clearance Levels and 4* DDQ - Difficulty Levels

Stax the Foyer
Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
It would be great if clearance levels could be incorporated into the 4* DDQ. It would actually be a pretty elegant solution for undercovered 4*s. Tiers can be set as necessary, but basically there would be at least three bands:

Easy: Think the toned-down versions, 2/2/2 versions of the characters, maybe level 200, maybe lower. Something where even a few covers can win. Reward for this one is a 4* cover of that character.

Best case would be for CL1 through CL3 to all have similar difficulty, but reward different colors, so that you'd always be able to pick a useful color. This means that even if you can't beat the 270 version for an LT, you'll at least be able to make your character slightly stronger for the next time it comes around. Parallels to the final reward of the big enchilada.

Medium: This is what the match currently is. Let's call this one CL4, even though it doesn't track to the other CL4s. Reward is one LT.

Harder: This lets you shine with your champed 4* for bonus rewards. Maybe it's an LT and 10 CP for beating a level 350 version. Maybe it's 2 LTs for beating a level 400 version. Some kind of bonus challenge that lets your champed 4*s shine.

This isn't a perfect fit for clearance levels, because it would be nice to be able to drop down a clearance level if you were having trouble. But something like this could make every 5th day a good day for everybody.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The optimal implementation of this would let you beat the 4* node only 1 time, but allow you to change your chosen CL if you made a bad choice.

For example - I'm gonna make a dozen attempts at SCL 7, but if its just not working at that point I'd like to be able to step down and try CL 6.

(This indirectly gives me another chance to suggest that we run Crash every *4* days instead of every 5... please, please, please..)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The optimal implementation of this would let you beat the 4* node only 1 time, but allow you to change your chosen CL if you made a bad choice.

For example - I'm gonna make a dozen attempts at SCL 7, but if its just not working at that point I'd like to be able to step down and try CL 6.

(This indirectly gives me another chance to suggest that we run Crash every *4* days instead of every 5... please, please, please..)
    If they go with CP instead of a Legendary token as the reward they could also scale the amount you get to the clearance level. I.e. 25 CP to beat level 7, 15 to beat level 6, 5 to beat level 5...