Should I champ IW?

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Last night I got my final HB cover and champed him. Yay!

That took some Iso, so now I'm back to building the bank. My immediate goals are to keep my 2* farm cycling (currently maxed out), champ Sentry (shut up!) and... build Iso until someone's worth spending on, either for Crash or to champ.

I got an IW token this morning from a "lucky" heroic. It's not one I can use to respec, so I either sell for 1k or champ her to claim an LT.

I've got 14 days to build the necessary Iso. I think it's manageable, and I don't really have any big priority right now other than feeding Crash potentials. I've got a few 4* in the 10-12 range, none of which are particularly compelling. Since I've received more IW tokens than any other 4* (having sold 5 during the climb to 13), I figure it might be worth it just for the XP and champ rewards, though I have no intention of using her outside essentials.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Initially I meant to say - why on Earth would you do that.

But the reality is it's a fine target (how likely is she to get buffed in couple of weeks?). You have only one 3* left to champ, full 2* farm so now all the iso goes to 4* unless you can boost a usable 5*. So why not champing her for an extra chance at Bolt from LT? I would probably wait till the cover is close to expiry date to see how much iso you have and maybe another project will show up by that time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see no reason not to. Any cover that can be applied as a champion level instead of being sold for ISO is a small victory.
    On the other hand, I champed my IW months ago and still only use her when she's essential. I suggest holding off on leveling her until the cover is about to expire, just in case a more worthwhile candidate shows up in those two weeks.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess....it does look like you are a little ways from probably being able to champ another 4*, with only XFW being the closest one. Looks like you may need some iso for 2* farming with some of your characters but I guess champing a 4* is worth potentially putting that on hold for a short time since there is a decent shot IW could potentially get a boost sometime during the re-balance. Btw I just champed Sentry myself....I find myself in a somewhat similar roster position as you except I don't have yellow for my OML and I haven't been able to max cover any 4* yet....
  • Calnexin
    Options
    Thanks, all. I thought I'd gone mad. I'm going to grind it out and see if I can make it before expiration. If not, maybe I'll luck upon a more deserving character in the meantime.
  • Calnexin
    Options
    I've got 7 days left to make the Iso. It says I need something like 160k to get to 255. Then there's more beyond that.

I'd saved up to 120, but then 2* Magneto got his last cover, so I had to spend to champ him (again). I increased my CL which netted me 27.5k, but today's clash was Iceman, and I wanted to bring him up to max to make it easier.

I'm currently sitting at 100k. My next 2* torch will give 60k and I should be able to get the rest through normal play. But I also recently cover-maxed XFW and Elektra. Neither top-tier, but better than IW.

This is the first time I've been in a long-play situation. Maintaining production via 2* cycling and investing in 4* to earn legendaries takes precedence, but if something better comes along I'll be forced to waste the cover. I've done that plenty of times already, and it's no big loss to not have a champed IW, but given the number of covers I've already sold it would've been better to use those for champ rewards.

In other words - as a devoted casual player, this is the first time I've really felt the Iso crunch. I'm glad I didn't experience it earlier.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Calnexin wrote:
    I've got 7 days left to make the Iso. It says I need something like 160k to get to 255. Then there's more beyond that.

I'd saved up to 120, but then 2* Magneto got his last cover, so I had to spend to champ him (again). I increased my CL which netted me 27.5k, but today's clash was Iceman, and I wanted to bring him up to max to make it easier.

I'm currently sitting at 100k. My next 2* torch will give 60k and I should be able to get the rest through normal play. But I also recently cover-maxed XFW and Elektra. Neither top-tier, but better than IW.

This is the first time I've been in a long-play situation. Maintaining production via 2* cycling and investing in 4* to earn legendaries takes precedence, but if something better comes along I'll be forced to waste the cover. I've done that plenty of times already, and it's no big loss to not have a champed IW, but given the number of covers I've already sold it would've been better to use those for champ rewards.

In other words - as a devoted casual player, this is the first time I've really felt the Iso crunch. I'm glad I didn't experience it earlier.
    FWIW level 250 to level 270 is about 80K ISO. Don't get too stressed out about this. IW is not Worth the agony. If you can max her, cool. If you don't get the ISO it's far from the end of the World.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    imo IW is just not that good but she have her moments when negating pesky tiles for example or making hidden tiles. But anyways any 4* will do IW is good support too not good in PvP, but in PvE it can shine especially vs only goons nodes. My plan is to champ every 4* when I get 13 covers them for so... Go for it if you want to.
  • Calnexin
    Options
    Welp, I went ahead and did it. I had 14 days to get the Iso, and managed it in 13.

I had to say goodbye to Lil' Torch. The slot's still open but I don't have a cover yet. He'll get there. I don't think he's an essential in the next couple events so I should have plenty of time.

Also said goodbye to 260k Iso that I know I could have spent elsewhere to better effect. But this way I'm done. All those "oh, no, not another IW cover" moments will be turned into "hey, more champ rewards!" moments. I've got two cover maxed 4* that I could pull a 14th for any moment. Need to dedicate some earnings to 2* since I sacrificed all that Iso, and whenever the game sees fit to give me a Sentry yellow I'll need to champ that to complete the 3* tier.

The token for champing her gave a Quake. Not in the color I'm missing, unfortunately, but she's getting there.

I was also very pleased to get my 7th OML cover this weekend. That's unrelated but takes some of the sting out of champing IW.