Bonus after hitting max prog

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
It's a lot of effort to hit max progression, and it's exciting to win a burst of cp. However as soon as I win it, I lose all desire to play. Sure, you get the iso and xp, but it would be nice if there was some sort of bonus like additional iso for playing past max progression.

I'm curious if the data supports me.. if you see a lot of drop-off after max prog, or if the majority of people keep playing as intensely as they did before max prog.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    To the question: "why keep playing after max progression?" there are a few answers:
    * To collect ISO|CP rewards from nodes.
    * Play for green check marks to get XP. Those ISO drops for player levels are great infusions of a constrained resource.
    * For placement (sub|event + individual|alliance). Placement rewards in higher clearance levels are getting meatier.

I don't offer those answers to invalidate the question. I would love to see progression rewards switch to some semi-regular item after top progression.

1: A single repeating reward:
    For every +5% above top progression (105%, 110%, and so on) sprinkle 500 ISO on us.

2: Alternating, repeating:
    On the 5s (105%, 115%, 125%, etc.) award 500 ISO
    On the 10s (110%, 120%, etc.) award 1,000 ISO

3: Some other predictable cycle:
    Divisible by 25 (125%, 150%) = 2,500 ISO
    Divisible by 10 (110, 120, 130) = 1,000 ISO
    Divisible by 5 (105, 115, 135) = 500 ISO
    (Award the best option available)

Bonus points for using those sizes of ISO drops or better. Alternately, bigger bonus points if something other than iso or boosts is selected.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would expect that they would see a dropoff in play after people hit the max progression, but that isn't actually a bad thing.

There are still rewards and placement for those who want to continue and have the time to do so but nothing too great that people feel obliged to play more than they would otherwise want.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Please no. We want to encourage people play less, not more.