Last PW Purchase

Options
Fiddler
Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I spend over $100 to purchase an uber PW named Kiora. A few short weeks later she is crushed down. Last time I waste actual cash on this game. Would be nice if they at least offered to refund our purchase, but no mention of that, right?

Whale out!

Comments

• Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    How did you spend so much money to get her?
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    How did you spend so much money to get her?

She was $50 originally. The other $50 could be a second account or bundles packs in store during her release (don't remember if there were any though)?
  • Fiddler
    Options
    It was in Canadian dollars. And the $100 is hyperbole. It was $62.14 if I am reading the right transaction. Not cheap, but worth it. Until now.

I really thought it was more when I first posted.
  • alextfish
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    It was in Canadian dollars. And the $100 is hyperbole. It was $62.14
    Why would you do that? Why would anyone take you seriously if you say literally "over $100" and then immediately admit it's more like "over $60"? Why not just start off by saying "over $60"? Your argument works just as well, and you have the advantage of not getting immediately called out on blatant lies.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    Fiddler wrote:
    Why would you do that? Why would anyone take you seriously if you say literally "over $100" and then immediately admit it's more like "over $60"? Why not just start off by saying "over $60"? Your argument works just as well, and you have the advantage of not getting immediately called out on blatant lies.

Actually she costs more than 100 dollars. 62.00 CAD to buy her, then another 40.00 for some blue/green card packs. On second thought, it's more like 200 dollars.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    alextfish wrote:
    Fiddler wrote:

Actually she costs more than 100 dollars. 62.00 CAD to buy her, then another 40.00 for some blue/green card packs. On second thought, it's more like 200 dollars.

Let's not forget the thousands you have to spend to buy boosters one at a time before you get all the mythic cards you need!

And after just a few hours of buying her, she gets nerfed!
  • Fiddler
    Options
    Now that I am on a PC and can see more details than thought my credit card history, the $62.14 was for Sarkhin.
    Kiora was $79.09.

This is the first card offer for cash that has had its play value reduced.
    For cards that are played for, and not paid for, go ahead and make changes.
    But when you pay for something you should get to keep what you paid for, or get refunded if they take it away from you.

Imagine you lease a car, and six weeks later they recall it to the dealership to have the engine removed. The excuse is that the lease you signed forces you to accept all recall maintenance. But you can still stick your feet out where the engine was and 'drive' the car that way. That is just wrong, and laws are in place to protect consumers from crazy scenarios like that.

They can take the current Kiora off my account, refund me my money, and let me choose whether or not I want to purchase the revised Kiora.