Equipment should be supports

mrixl2520
mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
A lot of equipment cards have been made into spell cards, and I think this is a big mistake. Equipment is supposed to function as a buff that can move around, so when the equipped creature dies you still have the buff at the ready. Making equipment into spells creates a number of problems:

1) The aforementioned: Equipment doesn’t stick around, it only lives on the one creature it targets. It makes “Spells” like Slayers Plate powerful, but not as good as something that can re-attach after the creature dies.
2) It doesn’t create a support gem. A weird complaint, but since it is already established that equipment are permanents this is sometimes relavent.
3) They should occupy support slots in decks, not spell slots.
4) As spells, you can cast them on your opponent’s creatures. I can only think of one reason to do this and it is “Skeleton key”. Just Sit back watch them discard every turn. Side Tangent: Why doesn’t “Skeleton Key” draw a card?!?
5) For planeswalkers who care about supports (Sorrin & Tezzeret), they are *further* devalued by equipment becoming spells.

I'm on the fence as to how I feel about enchantments as spells, but I definitely think equipment needs to stay as supports

Comments