Compensation for I.O.S. iPhone 4 Situation?

Options
I understand that the I.O.S. issue for the iPhone 4 is being processed, but for your loyal users whom have been playing in each tournament will you compensate them with Hero points or covers?

I myself was ranked highly in the Hulk tournament, and I know for a fact that I got launched out of that ranking due to this update. I also missed out on every event after that, I'm getting notifications for the current stuff still, and all the daily supplies, but thanks to Apple I'm quickly falling behind.

I'm also concerned that I lost all my covers in my roster spot due to this issue, and I really can't play this game anymore if I get punished for waiting out this issue.

Please provide me with some information, I'm afraid I haven't gotten a response from your support, social media, or this forum.

Thanks,
Blaine

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Please PM me if you see any response from D3 on this. I know I got locked out of the last hour plus of the Jug Heroic and dropped from top 100 down to top 300, when i would have been going up if I had played, then the last 45 minutes of the LazyThor I was hit by the general lock out but still managed to drop from top 5 to top 20.....not happy, and no response.
  • Art Flash
    Art Flash Posts: 47
    Options
    I will be curious to see what they have planned as well. I had quite a bit invested in the Juggernaut and Thor Tournaments, and was working on the Heroic Lightning rounds when I made the mistake of updating. Now we're losing out on the current events going on.

As for covers in the roster queue, I did not think about that. That's really a rather good point. I am sure some people have some valuable covers that were still waiting for a spot to free up/enough hero points to be earned to open an additional slot, that are now running out the clock. Though since it seems this has been going on for almost two weeks, I suppose quite a few people might come back to an empty list with the 7 day limit and all.
    In all honestly, I would imagine if you made a ticket about it after the game patch is released (since right now I am assuming they are busy/prioritizing tickets they can address right now) you would have a reasonable case.

While it might not have been the developers fault for the glitch in the new iOS, I think they would need to compensate people somehow. Even from a pragmatic view, and seeing the multitude of comments asking for status updates on the situation through Facebook and the lack of open communication from the developers through the more casually checked sources like Twitter, the company would need to do something or else potentially face a substantial lose in players from this platform for the immediate future.
  • has the game ever been playable on an iPhone 4? if so, what version of iOS were you using?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Ive only ever played on a iPhone 4 (since first day/week), but Im still on iOS 6. Ive started running into issues though (see above).
  • I agree that this really requires some sort of compensation. Not because "you done me wrong" or anything like that, but because this amount of forced downtime has so set us back as to break the game. We have had no chance to get the latest character (lazythor), who is now required to get the next new character (lazycap), who will then be required to get the next character. I've been a dedicated player of this game for months, have paid into it, and now I am being left behind with no chance to catch up. So what are the chances that I will be a dedicated player again after this?

Giving out a cover each of lazythor would not be too much to ask -- I would have earned at least several three star covers over the last 10 days. Devs, what do you think? Pleeeeease icon_e_smile.gif
  • If it happens would prob be a group of ios compensation, i'm all for it but i think it'll be something like a couple heroic tokens. If they give sim tokens at least theres a chance at lazy thor. I remember someone getting compensated with double the amount of heroic tokens for the assault tokens lost. Shame that your missing the sim tho as they're giving generous amounts of hero points in prizes.
  • I'm not neccisarily worried about getting ahead of everyone in this game, I just don't want to get left in the dust while the general population gets reward after reward. Two recruit tokens wouldn't do much for about 2 weeks of forced missed gameplay. Maybe either mid tier rewards from all the elapsed tournaments and some of our daily resupplies.

That gets increasingly bigger every day they wait... Might grant incentive to their fix getting approved.
  • I'd rather they impliment an ISO accumilation system, now that local is synced to server time.
    Like your guys are still gathering ISO even when not playing, mabey activating whenever you miss a day in daily rewards.
  • I'm not looking for any type of compensation for the downtime. I work in IT and I realize that sometimes a situation is what it is, and you just have to live with the consequences.

I would just like some assurance that my Hulk tournament rewards will be waiting on me when/if this ever gets sorted out. My iPhone updated with like 12 hours left on the tourney, so hopefully I should have 2 or 3 Wolverine covers waiting on me, if they don't expire by the time a fix is implimented.

Also, I hate Facebook (Yeah I get it, every person I went to high school with hates Obama/Obamacare and loves their guns. I don't care.) so I never linked my MPQ to my old FB account to back up my data. If the iPhone fix blows away all my progress from playing way too much every day for months and months that might be a deal breaker for me. I do t know if I have the fortitude to start over from scratch to replace my few almost maxed 3 * characters, et al.

In the meantime I'm just gonna sit back and let the fine folks at D3P and Apple do their thing and hope for the best.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options

Also, I hate Facebook (Yeah I get it, every person I went to high school with hates Obama/Obamacare and loves their guns. I don't care.) so I never linked my MPQ to my old FB account to back up my data. If the iPhone fix blows away all my progress from playing way too much every day for months and months that might be a deal breaker for me. I do t know if I have the fortitude to start over from scratch to replace my few almost maxed 3 * characters, et al.

For this part, customer service can restore your save just from your PvP name if it ever comes down to it.
  • Nemek wrote:
    For this part, customer service can restore your save just from your PvP name if it ever comes down to it.

Awesome. Thanks for that bit of good news, at least.
  • I'm not looking for any type of compensation for the downtime. I work in IT and I realize that sometimes a situation is what it is, and you just have to live with the consequences.

I would just like some assurance that my Hulk tournament rewards will be waiting on me when/if this ever gets sorted out. My iPhone updated with like 12 hours left on the tourney, so hopefully I should have 2 or 3 Wolverine covers waiting on me, if they don't expire by the time a fix is implimented.

In the meantime I'm just gonna sit back and let the fine folks at D3P and Apple do their thing and hope for the best.

I don't think that you will loose progress, but I'm relatively confident that a few progress related errors will occur for example, covers and rewards expiring. I actually also have a major in IT and I know for a fact if any of my developers were to run across a problem like this, especially if a client invests in it (time or money) I would make it up to them in some sort of way that doesn't put them off this game. So I wouldn't settle for just a resolution for this inconvenience, I do wish the D3 and Apple developers the best in approving this error, but for many of us affected, this isn't the first time a major error has occurred.
  • Sry to hear that guys, Wondering if I'm at risk playing on Ipod 5th gen. or it is strictly Iphone 4?
  • AresWr4th wrote:
    Sry to hear that guys, Wondering if I'm at risk playing on Ipod 5th gen. or it is strictly Iphone 4?

You should be fine, iPhone 4 is the only thing I've heard that has this problem.