No XP in PVP?

BariusRad
BariusRad Posts: 47
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We can not improve our SHIELD RUNK in PVP! Why we do not get XP for SHIELD RUNK in pvp battles?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    BariusRad wrote:
    We can not improve our SHIELD RUNK in PVP! Why we do not get XP for SHIELD RUNK in pvp battles?
    Because the other rewards make up for it?
    In particular, all those free covers are nice...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was weird because when the system came in there was a one-time 10XP reward for completing a PvP match.

Now, I'm not expecting 10XP for every win but I was kinda assuming they'd either give us 1 per win or maybe 10 for the first win in a new event or something.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was weird because when the system came in there was a one-time 10XP reward for completing a PvP match.

Now, I'm not expecting 10XP for every win but I was kinda assuming they'd either give us 1 per win or maybe 10 for the first win in a new event or something.
    Some XP for buying a shield would be cool. We already get XP for buying tokens, so why not get experience for spending on other things?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I thought it would be 10 Exp for each PVP event but it was just the one-time which is silly. Perhaps when SHIELD Clearance is released for PVP they will add exp points in somewhere.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Putting in some exp as part of the progression rewards would make sense to me. Not a ton - maybe 10 exp at 500 and again at 1k.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The XP available in PVE is substantially higher than the XP potential of PVP. This does seem like a miss.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Maybe give xp only for retaliations? That would make it a little harder to get. Or maybe even something like 10xp for your first successful retaliation per event? That requires at least the minimal effort of climbing high enough to be worth hitting, then hitting back.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Or you know... a one-time daily XP bonus for playing a PvP match? Actually encourage us to fire up PvP every day?

I don't have time to dedicate to both modes plus DDQ, but you can bet I'd touch both sides if this were the case. As it is, I don't even play PvP right now.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uninspired wrote:
    Maybe give xp only for retaliations?

Eh, I'd rather not since the point value of a retalliation varies like mad. When they hit you they were worth 40 points but since then they got whacked and now they're worth 18...but you won't know that until you fight.
    But hey, sometimes you're lucky and they're worth 60.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Champ your 2*s and farm them. Reasonable xp flow from that. Fantastic in LRs, decent in Season PvP (even if it's not as good as pve).
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    morph3us wrote:
    Champ your 2*s and farm them. Reasonable xp flow from that. Fantastic in LRs, decent in Season PvP (even if it's not as good as pve).

I hope I statistical outlier. In the previous 3 weeks, and this one, I counted the 2* cover drops I received from Lightning Rounds:

(2* covers dropped / total matches during the 24 rounds)
    Rounds between 8/30-9/2 - 2/148
    Rounds between 9/6-9/8 - 0/163
    Rounds between 9/13-9/15 - 11/165 -- 1 round dropped 8 covers. Without that 1 round this week would have been abysmal also.
    So far this week: 1/100.

14/576 so far... I wouldn't exactly call that 'fantastic'
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Wow, Faust, that's pretty horrible. I've been adding at least 3 2* levels per LR, sometimes up to six.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I really like the above idea of even a token amount for joining any event. Nothing big enough to be exploited - 10 XP would be fine - just enough to sweeten the pot for being more well-rounded. It'd definitely improve my Runk.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Putting in some exp as part of the progression rewards would make sense to me. Not a ton - maybe 10 exp at 500 and again at 1k.

Good idea, I think gaining xp for completion of event too, when you finish all nodes of pve you get xp. When you complete nodes on ddq you get xp When you complete PvP you get...an empty space where xp should be
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    This does seem like a miss. PVE-only players are getting 100xp a day for a 10 node sub. PVP-only players are getting 0xp. The whole RUNK thing seems to be geared toward advancing PVE-only or PVE/PVP mixed players. Seems like there should be an easy way to allow for PVP'ers to get xp on par with PVE'ers.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Well, they're only getting 100 XP if they fully clear (6/6) all the repeatable nodes - only the nonrepeatables grant XP on the first crack. But I take your meaning, and I agree! I think clamoring for boatloads of XP is silly, but some equivalent of this nominal "Hey, you did it!" prize in PVP would be appropriate for those who only play that side.