MPQ Reading List At Marvel Digital Comics Shop

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ READING LIST

MPQ_At_Marvel_Digital_Comics_Sep_2016.JPG
(A sampling of some of the many comics on offer.)

Rediscover your favorite comics from MPQ!

You've seen your favorite Marvel Universe characters leap from the comic covers in MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST...now read the comics in the updated MPQ Reading List at the Marvel Digital Comics Shop.

You can dive in RIGHT HERE.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's that Peggy Carter comic? I'd pay to read that...
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Huh! -- that Amazing Spidey cover isn't in the game. Is that a mistake, or perhaps a sneak preview of a new cover for him after an upcoming rebalance? =D
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Were you aware that Captain Peggy is a Demiurge created character and has no comic?
  • Moon Roach
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Were you aware that Captain Peggy is a Demiurge created character and has no comic?

Why, yes, I was.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Why, yes, I was.
    Okay. Wasn't positive that's what the ellipsis meant at the end of your sentence. When she was first announced, I thought she might have been from a What If I hadn't read.
  • Huh! -- that Amazing Spidey cover isn't in the game. Is that a mistake, or perhaps a sneak preview of a new cover for him after an upcoming rebalance? =D
    I believe that's Green Gobby's Spiderman issue, the one we have in game is a variant cover
  • Moon Roach
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Why, yes, I was.
    Okay. Wasn't positive that's what the ellipsis meant at the end of your sentence. When she was first announced, I thought she might have been from a What If I hadn't read.

No worries. It would be nice if, on at least one of the many, many Earth-variants, there was a Peggy and she got her own comic.

Marvel introduced Firestar when she was originally a character from an animated series, so they're not completely opposed to the idea of outside sources for characters. Then again, that was over 30 years ago and I don't know of any more recent examples.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Why, yes, I was.

No worries. It would be nice if, on at least one of the many, many Earth-variants, there was a Peggy and she got her own comic.

Marvel introduced Firestar when she was originally a character from an animated series, so they're not completely opposed to the idea of outside sources for characters. Then again, that was over 30 years ago and I don't know of any more recent examples.

Harley Quinn.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Harley Quinn.

She's DC.
  • Agent Coulson is the perfect example; introduced in film and tv before being added into the comics later
  • Uhm.. Is there the possibility of some kind of Flatrate for reading comics? Buying every single one is so much for long series
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    nihilium wrote:
    Uhm.. Is there the possibility of some kind of Flatrate for reading comics? Buying every single one is so much for long series

Basically Marvel Unlimited is the Spotify or Netflix of Marvel Comics. But not everything is available there.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Why, yes, I was.

X-23
  • Moon Roach
    Triharda wrote:
    Agent Coulson is the perfect example; introduced in film and tv before being added into the comics later

Ah yes, practically the entire cast of Agents of SHIELD got their own comic.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    DTStump wrote:
    nihilium wrote:
    Uhm.. Is there the possibility of some kind of Flatrate for reading comics? Buying every single one is so much for long series

Basically Marvel Unlimited is the Spotify or Netflix of Marvel Comics. But not everything is available there.

Not everything, true -- but there is an enormous amount of stuff there; a lot more than I anticipated. Basically, Unlimited runs about six months behind print comics. So if there's a current series you like, it's there -- but it's only updated through February of this year or so.

If you can afford it, and if you have a good way to read it (like a tablet computer/Fire/iPad), Unlimited is really awesome.