PVE Loaner Node - Update

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have not seen any complaints about this but the past few PVEs has been bothering me since Shield Levels were released.

The Loaner node of the 3 essentials has 6 rewards for the 24hr node. The points on this node reset after each battle unlike the regular nodes. Due to the node having 6 rewards and constantly resetting points, the last 3 times beating the node was 1 point each. It would make more sense to change this node to have 2-4 rewards. This way I can gain the 10 completion experience points without fighting it 6 times.

Obviously this is a Suggestion post but I am curious if other players find this annoying, especially now that exp is a thing.

[/Update:b] I realize with recent PVP changes (e.g. removed Cupcakes, Rewards) and lack of CL for PVE that this discussion is not priority but after playing Meet Rocket & Groot PVE.. The Loaner nodes definitely needs an update. The first Loaner node was within the sub-event. Then the second Loaner node was on the Main node not within the sub-event. I was not sure if this node would disappear with the start of the third node (this happens some events) so I completed it but the second Loaner node stayed for the third sub-event. So the third sub-event had two loaner nodes. This has bothered me for a long time but now with Exp points, it's irritating.

This seems like it could be an easy fix for the devs, either streamline the sub-events to only be within the sub-event or stay in the main event, or simply reduce the rewards from 6 down to 4.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has buggen me too.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The mismatch between 'rewards' and 'hits for points' cuts in both directions. And I would be stoked if they would line up.

Too many rewards (hits for rewards only, no points): Very common in the loaner nodes in PVE. +1 too many rewards in a 48 hour sub, +2 in 24 hour sub.
    Too few rewards (hits for points only, no rewards): virtually every other node. -1 too few rewards in a 24 hour sub, -2 in a 48 hour sub.

In most normal nodes we can tell ourselves the extra hit on most nodes is 'for placement' (which actually has some good prizes on it now), but the additional extra hit required in a 48 is too bad.

But on the PVE loaner node, we are jeopardizing placement to green check that node. That's unfortunate.

(All that being said - I do appreciate that the nodes that historically only gave 1 prize are now 1-and-done nodes and don't require grinding for placement. Its a process.)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I agree that it is a annoying especially when the characters have zero synergy which makes the matches drag out. Some of the loaner nodes feel like you are trying to fight with pillows.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It simply should be complete it once node for a fixed reward (say 500 iso or 250 iso or even a token). Simple and elegant, for more civilized times.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    It simply should be complete it once node for a fixed reward (say 500 iso or 250 iso or even a token). Simple and elegant, for more civilized times.
    But then we don't get the chance to appreciate the newly released character when we can only play that node (fully-covered loaner and all) once.
    This is mostly a problem in the newer PvEs by the way. In old PvEs the demo node is on the map and accessible throughout the event...
  • Punisher5784
    Quebbster wrote:
    Magic wrote:
    But then we don't get the chance to appreciate the newly released character when we can only play that node (fully-covered loaner and all) once.
    This is mostly a problem in the newer PvEs by the way. In old PvEs the demo node is on the map and accessible throughout the event...

The loaner node can still be accessable, just make the rewards 2 or 4 so we can get the experience points for completing the node.

I agree the problem is on newer PVE's, probably because players often forgot the loaner node was on the main PVE screen (I am guilty of that), so the devs set it to each sub for new PVE's. This works great but now it needs to be tweaked for accommodate experience points.
  • Punisher5784
    I realize with recent PVP changes (e.g. removed Cupcakes, Rewards) and lack of CL for PVE that this discussion is not priority but after playing Meet Rocket & Groot PVE.. The Loaner nodes definitely needs an update. The first Loaner node was within the sub-event. Then the second Loaner node was on the Main node not within the sub-event. I was not sure if this node would disappear with the start of the third node (this happens some events) so I completed it but the second Loaner node stayed for the third sub-event. So the third sub-event had two loaner nodes. This has bothered me for a long time but now with Exp points, it's irritating. This seems like it could be an easy fix for the devs, even streamline the sub-events to only be within the sub-event or stay in the main event, or simply reduce the rewards to 4.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    After Rocket & Groot I'd actually like some indicator as to how long these nodes will last.
    If it's contained within the sub event it's fairly obvious but I feel I missed out on 20th place because I ground down the Deadpool/Magia/Magia required node too many times the previous day to grab the rewards before the sub event ended.

I was 200 points short of 20th place and if that had full points I'd have got 'em. Sometimes these nodes disappear when a sub event ends and...sometimes not.