Good-bye, Caltrops

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just want to say that I am so glad that I chose to champion Quake. She is incredible at disabling the Caltrops. I salute D3 for creating a character that diminishes AOE damage. She's wonderful in PVE and can be quite effective in PVP as well when boosted.

And no worries about it being too easy, because at higher levels, Caltrops + Muscle Goon's Threaten can be quite potent, but at least I don't need to use 3 healthpacks every battle from being hit from a deluge of attacks I can't even avoid.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha, I was just chatting on line this morning about HoD being my first kishu pve event after champ'ing quake.

Thse nodes are so relaxed now!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could champion her =/
    Hell, I'm still trying to champ Cyclops and he came out nearly a year ago.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could champion her =/

Right? I wish I could say good-bye Caltrops and hello Quake...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I don't have her championed but she's at 3/4/3 and Level 120 and I was taking 1 damage per caltrop. Nothing like getting a crazy cascade that clears half the board and your team gets AOE'd for 3 points of damage each.

Too bad she can't shut down the muscle goons passively too. Her blue and green go a long way though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Quake has three covers in her yellow and no covers in her other powers. I wonder if that's enough to nerf Caltrops and bring her along on Ninja nodes for that specific purpose.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I love Quake. Even at the 5* tier she gets a lot of play. Try IM40/Quake/XFDP or Phx.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake is awesome. And I always, always forget that Jean's blue applies stun before the damage, so Quake is useless in that regard.

However... She's totally worth it for everything else. icon_e_smile.gif One of the best semi-recent releases by far. icon_e_smile.gif
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I'm so jealous. Only one Quake cover for me, and my 2 blueflag.png HB isn't that much help either (in his essential node, that is). I barely got three clears and called it quits when those %^#* caltrops took out all of the squishier but more useful characters.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to remember what my older strategy was... I think I kept trying to stun/lock him with daredevil while beating on him as quickly as possible with heavy hitters. Kamala/Vision may have been involved as well for all that sweet healing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wait till you get antman going. you look forward to turn to smoke and threaten (all your tile are belong to TxMoose!!) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake is bae. All hail Quake.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at the champed 5* level, where your opponents are level 400+, she don't do so good.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at the champed 5* level, where your opponents are level 400+, she don't do so good.
    I love being the bearer of good news!! I'm betting most of the posters in the thread here will get many months of excellent use out of her. maybe a year or more. icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:

Having one character eat the damage, another who can revive and destroy, and now another getting a buff to his healing probably softens the blow of not being able to use Quake. (though I'd guess reducing damage by 3400 would still prove useful with any 2 of those 3)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:

Having one character eat the damage, another who can revive and destroy, and now another getting a buff to his healing probably softens the blow of not being able to use Quake. (though I'd guess reducing damage by 3400 would still prove useful with any 2 of those 3)
    He is right in that an unboosted Quake doesn't do much against waves of 400+ Kishnus. I typically run her at 3 yellow. I find her green and blue shake up abilities to be far more effective.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    wait till you get antman going. you look forward to turn to smoke and threaten (all your tile are belong to TxMoose!!) icon_e_biggrin.gif

I champed him on a whim because I had a spare cover and he wasn't far off.
    When he's boosted he's so much gosh darn fun to use. I ESPECIALLY like using him against Iron fist/Luke Cage combos in PvP. Yup, I'll just take that shield and attack tile every turn, thanks =)
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol I was just thinking how much I really truly hate them hate them HATE THEM.

No Quake for me, not even a single cover.

*sniff*
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Peggy C. is also a good way to slow them down...
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    The only thing I get from Caltrops is my entire roster getting its **** kicked.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is right in that an unboosted Quake doesn't do much against waves of 400+ Kishnus. I typically run her at 3 yellow. I find her green and blue shake up abilities to be far more effective.

You do get the same amount of board shake with a 3/5/5 which is what I tend to use when she isn't boosted, assuming that there is a good boosted green user like there is this week anyway and at my level of scaling it still mitigates threaten-boosted caltrops enough.