Thank You Demiurge

RBwilliams07
RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just want to give a much warranted shout out to Thank Demiurge for making proper adjustments to keep this game fun and entertaining and for listening to the fans.

With the introduction of Shield Clearance levels and Character rebalancing the game is getting a lot better. I now play PvE with the new progression rewards and love it. I don't have to play PvE forever now to get decent rewards. Splitting up the command points for Level 7 and getting 5 CP at one point and another 5 CP later rather than 25CP all or nothing was a great idea. The Progression rewards are a lot better as well.

I played Chulk last now (only partially covered) to try him out and MUCH better than before. I only have 2 SS covers so I didn't give him a spin.

Comments

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Not rain on your parade but Hotdog Hulk hasn't changed yet. You are still using old Hotdog Hulk before buff. The 2 buffs won't happen until the start of the next PvP season.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not rain on your parade but Hotdog Hulk hasn't changed yet. You are still using old Hotdog Hulk before buff. The 2 buffs won't happen until the start of the next PvP season.

Which can only mean people never realised Cho was awesome the whole time! Like...an anti-placebo!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had actually dropped out of the game pretty much for a few months and started (gasp!) playing other games instead.

Now that rewards are being recalibrated to be worth my level of experience (2+ years), I'm watching my ISO rise at a more reasonable daily rate and more 3* and 4* covers flowing in as well. I also really appreciate that CP and 3* and 4* covers flow in at lower progression levels for PVE, so it no longer feels like a complete loss if you can't get to top progression. And the XP makes it more worthwhile to drain nodes of all their prizes.

I am also very appreciative of the character boosts and hopeful that they will continue to avoid nerfing anyone. I'm very excited to hear people complain that SS and Cho are now too tough to fight against in PVP!!!
  • RBwilliams07
    RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    You're right. I thought that hot dog stand wasnt changed but the other two already were. I gues I found those two powers better since 4 of my last 4 legendary covers were for those two colors. Hope this means hell be even better after the buff. Unto Psylocke and Bagman next.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

And this is why I laugh and laugh and laugh when somebody proclaims -character- the worst ever. Because the criteria used to determine 'worst' end up being 'can I win a PVP fight in 30 seconds with him or her?' and ignores the utility of the character overall.

That doesn't mean there aren't actual poorly designed characters, but many of the ones who get slagged on, if you actually use them, they're pretty good. I mean, they can't ALL be top tier, but most of them are pretty good to begin with.

Even Silver Surfer, when he was first released people were **** their pants over his power and it wasn't until a couple of the later 5* came out that SS was deemed "trash." So he's getting a rebalance, and I think it's a positive one, but let's put that in perspective, you know?
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    Even Silver Surfer, when he was first released people were tinykitty their pants over his power and it wasn't until a couple of the later 5* came out that SS was deemed "trash." So he's getting a rebalance, and I think it's a positive one, but let's put that in perspective, you know?

Its like a huge cross section of the user base forgot (or never experienced) the demo node when Surfer was released where he single-handedly demolished 3x maxed 4*s that were dominant in the meta when he launched. I can't wait to see how he performs now.