No Holds Barred (Mar 21 to 23)

No Holds Barred - no buffs, no restrictions

Rank 1: Red Xforce
2-5 Daredevil (3 covers) 2500 ISO 100 HP
6-10 Blue and Red, 2500, 100
11-25 Red 2500, 100
26-50 Red 1500, 50

2* character is 2* Wolverine (Green cover only)

Progression notables:
MN Magneto Blue at 700
Yellow BP at 1200
Yellow IW at 1400

Comments

• The elusive red xforce. Too bad I'm maxed on DDs
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely another grind to 500 and forget about it type of tournament.
  • Definitely another grind to 500 and forget about it type of tournament.

Yep Not maxed out DareDevil but with him as progression in the Simulator will not have to worry about this one also.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I guess this could be an easy to way pick up some DD covers since I suspect the participation in this tournament will be extremely low.
  • Too bad this is not Alliance PVP. Alliance performance without character restrictions seems like a pretty good way to test new Alliance members and to gauge the performance of current ones.
  • LOLs. Seriously? Daredevil?

(especially he seem just dropping as progression in sim)
  • I'm gonna tank tank tank... tank all night...gonna tank tank tank...tank all night...
  • Given the rewards in this and the simulator, my response is "Prepare for Titanfall".
  • Running Hulk, Patch, and M. Hawkeye for this event. I realize Patch is still of mediocre level atm, but would like feedback from those that face it on defense. Want to see how effective it actually is.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Running Hulk, Patch, and M. Hawkeye for this event. I realize Patch is still of mediocre level atm, but would like feedback from those that face it on defense. Want to see how effective it actually is.

Patch is an offensive monster but on defense my Hulk will just eat him, spit out his bones and use one of his claws as an adamantium tooth pick. Spidey likes to watch.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Running Hulk, Patch, and M. Hawkeye for this event. I realize Patch is still of mediocre level atm, but would like feedback from those that face it on defense. Want to see how effective it actually is.

Patch is an offensive monster but on defense my Hulk will just eat him, spit out his bones and use one of his claws as an adamantium tooth pick. Spidey likes to watch.

I've actually purposely kept Patch at low green because I can do the same with my Hulk facing against him. Point in fa t, he is only 2/5/5, to mitigate as much as possible enemy benefit.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:

I've actually purposely kept Patch at low green because I can do the same with my Hulk facing against him. Point in fa t, he is only 2/5/5, to mitigate as much as possible enemy benefit.

Yeah and without Hulk (or of course, Spider-I counter everyone-Man) a high level Patch with 5 in yellow can be annoying. You don't want to start by targeting him because his healing factor will break you but in that situation it's risky to leave him for last because of his red (really at 3, 4 or 5).
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:

Yeah and without Hulk (or of course, Spider-I counter everyone-Man) a high level Patch with 5 in yellow can be annoying. You don't want to start by targeting him because his healing factor will break you but in that situation it's risky to leave him for last because of his red (really at 3, 4 or 5).

Exactly. This team is with defense in mind. Hawkeye avoids to two very bad damage sinks. I am finding that this setup is also being easy on health packs on offense as well, so an added bonus. So far, the only teams that have successfully beat it is with a high level spidey (no surprise).
  • I don't remember when I last saw a PVP event that was as inactive as this one. The leader in my bracket has 503 points. Not to mention there hasn't even been a post in this topic in over a day.

I blame the Daredevil rewards. I might actually consider a push to first for the X-Force if no one else in my bracket does anything.
  • I planned to push to 700, but last hour was pretty tough, I kept losing 30-50pts. Finally shielded at 665. #2 - #10 are 500 to 360. Lazy lazy lazy.

People focus on SImulator IMHO. Good alliance rewards, lots of ISO, new character... Better motivation.
  • I am grateful for this pvp. If the reward was someone I needed I would have trouble following this and the pve event at the same time. That it ends at the same time as the pve subs makes it even more difficult for players to participate. Who will risk losing a vital team member to a cascade in a tournament that doesn't give someone interesting. My Daredevil is 4/2/1 so I will try for a top 10-25 unshielded. #1 in my bracket has 463 points so I assume no one is trying that hard.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I might go for a last hour death push since I now have the ideal cmags/punisher/hood team to get that red wolvie. Not going to spend any shields on this though.
  • I guess most people usually capable go high only grab the 500 at leisure and forget. Or start with the latter part.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just trying to get that red xforce, couldn't care less about them DD covers.

Apparently I'm not alone in not trying very hard, there are zero people above 700 judging from my queue.

Probably going to shield through the last 8 hours, 150 HP for a red wolvie sounds fair.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Probably going to shield through the last 8 hours, 150 HP for a red wolvie sounds fair.

Not to me. Is it your first?
    I'd possibly consider a go to grab a green IW I don't have at all for collection value but otherwise? jsut fought against XForce in sim, just slightly better than bagman -- he only prevents AI using juggs good abilities rather than commit direct sabotage increasing count on his team's counters.