Shield clearance level needs improving?

suede
suede Posts: 23
Currently doing second PVE with Shield Clearance Level. Find this turning into a bad thought of bad idea the Clearance Level. Only qualify for level 1-4. Choose 4 again. Noticed the majority of the top players have high level teams i.e. teams with hands full of heroes level 100+ 200+ 300+ etc. I would like to know how Clearance Level is helping those who need rooster help if you have big league players who definitely qualify for higher Clearance Level most likely 6 or 7 jumping into the low level clearance and keeping the weaker teams who are trying to develop down? Should there not be some give as to where you can enter? If you have a high level team can we not maybe see about not letting them into the levels where others are trying to team build? A lot of teams are maxed out that have entered in. Some of use don't have all of the essential heroes to be competitive in the story. These players are ruining the game for use and will chase use away. We don't want to be stuck with 1* or 2* heroes long term with the odd 3* maybe 4* if lucky because these other players are afraid of people advancing within this game.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's early days for this feature. A lot of players may still be figuring out their optimal strategies, and the devs are probably waiting to see what the actual player base ends up doing with it. What people do in the first event may well be different from what they do when the newness has worn off a little.

If they find that a lot of high-rank players are hitting significantly lower level events, that may be a sign to them that players have found more value in being a big fish in a little pool than they have in going for the higher level rewards. They could use that in a few different ways, including altering the rewards to further entice those players to play at the higher levels they've earned access to, forcibly locking players out of clearance levels far below their rank, or somehow limiting the low clearance players in some other way. Another example would be to only give players XP for further SHIELD ranks when they're playing at the higher one or two clearance levels they've unlocked.

Basically, it's good to give them the feedback, but I suggest giving it a little time for both players and devs to kick the tires and wait for the dust to settle before worrying too much that people might be misusing it.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Since it's Player versus Event, you should not care about who else is playing: just play more than them and get more points icon_e_wink.gif
    Sure for them it will be easier to win, but in PvE all that counts is that you play play play.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah PVE is won by those who play the most, regardless of how strong your roster is. If you do optimal clears, you'll get high placement.
  • Leela_27
    Leela_27 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    While it may need some tweaking, I generally really like the opportunity to choose the sort of rewards for which I'm working, rather than wading through a lot of trash to get to the very limited amount of desirable stuff. Thanks for the shield clearance level feature!
  • Leela_27
    Leela_27 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    In response to Suede: There really is no point to a higher level player playing at a lower shield-clearance-level than is appropriate for the roster. To do so would be to waste time wading through what are for that player, trash rewards. I've noticed that the scaling of the game actually favors the lower level rosters anyway, so not to worry...just my two cents.
  • mmwr1964
    mmwr1964 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    My Shield Rank is 58 and I'm playing the Power Gem PvP Season at CL 7. I'm routinely getting pounded into the ground by folks who should be playing at a CL of 8 or even 9, if such levels existed.

There needs to be a handicapping system of some sort to make this more fair. I can't blame whales for not playing at a tougher clearance level when it doesn't exist. But forcing me to go down a few clearance levels to be competitive isn't fair to those with weaker rosters than mine.

Progression points should not be lost because of a defeat. If I get even get the progression rewards I can't ever develop a stronger roster.

Here's hoping the rewards for playing at CL 8 are sufficiently tempting to get those players with strong rosters to actually play at CL 8!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mmwr1964 wrote:
    My Shield Rank is 58 and I'm playing the Power Gem PvP Season at CL 7. I'm routinely getting pounded into the ground by folks who should be playing at a CL of 8 or even 9, if such levels existed.

There needs to be a handicapping system of some sort to make this more fair. I can't blame whales for not playing at a tougher clearance level when it doesn't exist. But forcing me to go down a few clearance levels to be competitive isn't fair to those with weaker rosters than mine.

Progression points should not be lost because of a defeat. If I get even get the progression rewards I can't ever develop a stronger roster.

Here's hoping the rewards for playing at CL 8 are sufficiently tempting to get those players with strong rosters to actually play at CL 8!
    MMR isn't influenced by clearance levels.
    So even if the guys beating you are moving on to CL 8, 9 and 10, they'll still hit you.

CL is only influencing placement, which may or may not get easier for you once we move on to higher levels.
  • mmwr1964
    mmwr1964 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for explaining, Bowgentle. What does MMR mean?

The rich get richer and the poor can't earn the rewards they need. I don't actually have a problem with the rich getting richer, but this system keeps the weaker rosters from becoming stronger and is grossly unfair. IMO.

Updated to add:
    This just happened. I was defeated by a team of three championed-four-stars. It cost me 45 points. If I could, by some miracle, "overcome my attacker" with a roster that doesn't have a single maxed-four-star I'd get back two points! Put me in coach! I'm ready to be cannon fodder!