Increasing the price of empty slots as you buy more seems gr

Options
firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
I realize this will never change. But, I still wanted to let the devs know how I felt.

In-app purchases are at their best when they improve the experience for a game a player that was already enjoying the game. Seeing the price increase and discovering the real money I dropped into hero points won't get me as many slots as I thought I was buying seems exploitive, and certain I won't spend another dollar. After coming from a game like Injustice, where this was unlimited, it just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I understand that most of the revenue for these kinds of games comes from under 5% of players, whales that can afford to drop massive amounts of cash. But, with new characters getting added left and right, I'd love to get more spots, and don't even mind paying for them. I just won't pay more and more each time. In some markets, return customers even get a discount. I can't think of another where they get a price hike.

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Increasing the price of empty slots as you buy more seems gr..."

-greedy?
    -great?
    -gross?
    -groceries?

In seriousness, you don't need to keep purchasing slots. You can just sell off your old characters when a new one comes along. But what else are you doing with your hero points if not for roster slots?
  • firethorne wrote:
    I realize this will never change. But, I still wanted to let the devs know how I felt.

In-app purchases are at their best when they improve the experience for a game a player that was already enjoying the game. Seeing the price increase and discovering the real money I dropped into hero points won't get me as many slots as I thought I was buying seems exploitive, and certain I won't spend another dollar. After coming from a game like Injustice, where this was unlimited, it just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I understand that most of the revenue for these kinds of games comes from under 5% of players, whales that can afford to drop massive amounts of cash. But, with new characters getting added left and right, I'd love to get more spots, and don't even mind paying for them. I just won't pay more and more each time. In some markets, return customers even get a discount. I can't think of another where they get a price hike.

I also played injustice for a while and though the slots seems to be expensive they really aren't that bad. They can typically be kept up with free ISO hp from regular play. Injustice had unlimited slots but they rarely release new heroes. We are currently getting 2-3 new characters every month with multiple positive upgrades and great interaction from the dev team on the forums. I think you are casting judgement a little too early you should give the game some time to settle after the change from such a different style of game.

Edit: I do wish price would cap somewhere around 500 though. It does get a tad pricey.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    "Increasing the price of empty slots as you buy more seems gr..."

-greedy?
    -great?
    -gross?
    -groceries?

In seriousness, you don't need to keep purchasing slots. You can just sell off your old characters when a new one comes along. But what else are you doing with your hero points if not for roster slots?
    Greedy. Gross would also work. The forum titles apparently have a character limit that I didn't notice I'd hit. I am not getting any massive amount of HP. Perhaps coming to the game late, I have no chance against established characters, who will get all of the HP from events.
    I also played injustice for a while and though the slots seems to be expensive they really aren't that bad. They can typically be kept up with free ISO hp from regular play.
    I don't see any way to buy character slots with ISO. Just Hero Points. If I'm missing something, please let me know. Slots for ISO would be a great help since you can at least grind for ISO reliably. HP seems to be few and far between for me. Also, the slots started at 50, and then the first jump was to 100. A 100% increase off the bat when you don't know it is coming is really dirty and annoying. And I just checked the wiki, and see that prices continue to over 700 HP and beyond. Over $5 for a single slot isn't bad? Sorry, in my book it is. Especially when starting the game it makes it seem as if, had prices not changed on a person, they'd get 10 slots for that.