Miles Morales casting "Surprise" when not invisible

Marc_Spector
Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
In "Crash of the Titans" this morning, Miles at some point cast "Hide & Seek", which thankfully went onto a matchable tile (and triggered his invisibility). I matched it away, nullifying the invisibility, but on his next turn he was still able to cast "Surprise!" without the invis tile onboard. Has this happened to anyone else?

I wonder if the game is setting up a condition to cast one then the other (if having enough AP for both at the first casting), and following through on that 1-2 without considering if the invis is still there or not. Regardless, this should be addressed.

Comments

• Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    This is not a bug, this is in fact, how his ability works. Read the ability.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Correct. Surprise does not require the invisibility tile to be on the board in order to launch. Instead, once you launch Hide And Seek, Miles' purple power turns to "Surprise" instead. Then, once you launch "Surprise", purple goes back to "Hide and Seek" etc... etc...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's annoying like that. I'd personally prefer it to be a "while invisible" stipulation. It's similar to the design of Ant Man, where Grow will get rid of both Pym Particles and Small Time Crooks, regardless of which Grow you choose.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Ha!!! Interesting -- thanks for the clarification, all! (I also didn't know that about Ant-man's Grow, zodiac -- shows how little I use both of those characters despite them both being at 13 covers -_- )
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would anyone else prefer it if Ant-Man had the toggle (you want those big hits) and Miles was able to keep reusing his invisibility?