Shadows Over Innistrad Buglist (Pre 1.7)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sh1vanDrag0n
    Options
    I had a Mirrorpool on the board and then cast a Pia and Nitan. Instead of reinforcing the Pia and Nitan, it reinforced one of the Thopter tokens that got played. I would think it would reinforce the Pia and Nitan, possibly casting 8 Thopters for the 2 Pia and Nitans.
  • Netatron
    Options
    I had a Mirrorpool on the board and then cast a Pia and Nitan. Instead of reinforcing the Pia and Nitan, it reinforced one of the Thopter tokens that got played. I would think it would reinforce the Pia and Nitan, possibly casting 8 Thopters for the 2 Pia and Nitans.

That's not SOI and it's been discussed quite a lot. Basically Mirrorpool doesn't trigger when something enters play, it triggers on the first spell or creature that finishes resolving. Your Pia is still busy summoning thopters when the first thopter resolves, so the resolving thopter triggers Mirrorpool.
  • Valk
    Valk Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Geralfs masterpiece freezes the game some times, after getting reanimated after a blue landfall.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    .....deleted
  • earthcube
    Options
    Seems like this should be sticky
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will try and go through these bugs and mark up what's been fixed later today.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Another Thing in the Ice bug: If it's dealt lethal damage from a single source (usually a huge berserker) so its HP goes down to 0, it transforms rather than dying.
  • Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I think Prized Almagalam is now bringing in discarded versions of itself not just ones that have died.
  • Shadow-Mage
    Shadow-Mage Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lightcell wrote:
    I think Prized Almagalam is now bringing in discarded versions of itself not just ones that have died.

I think that this is the way the card is meant to work. From my understanding discarding is the same as it having died. They would both go to the "Graveyard"/discard pile and that would mean they would all be pulled back into the field. This is why people love running it with Liliana.

Just my thoughts. Hope this helps.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lightcell wrote:

I think that this is the way the card is meant to work. From my understanding discarding is the same as it having died. They would both go to the "Graveyard"/discard pile and that would mean they would all be pulled back into the field. This is why people love running it with Liliana.

Just my thoughts. Hope this helps.

As long as you guys are referring to "discarded" cards as ones that are forced into graveyard due to other cards or effects. IE Liliana's first ability, Transgress the Mind, Infinite Obliteration, Forgotten Creation, etc.

Cards that a player removes from their hand are considered "exiled" and those don't go to the graveyard. As such, exiled cards should not be triggered by effects such as those of Prized Amalgam.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah. The wording is very bad, but everything that says "if this was Destroyed" just means "if this is in your graveyard", and so also includes if it was discarded. In particular that means Sanitarium Skeleton is great with Liliana's first skill - it keeps bouncing back to your hand and makes her discard ability give you card advantage. It also means things like Forgotten Creation are very scary with all those "return this to the battlefield" cards like Drownyard Temple, Amalgam, etc.
  • Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    Yeah. The wording is very bad, but everything that says "if this was Destroyed" just means "if this is in your graveyard", and so also includes if it was discarded. In particular that means Sanitarium Skeleton is great with Liliana's first skill - it keeps bouncing back to your hand and makes her discard ability give you card advantage. It also means things like Forgotten Creation are very scary with all those "return this to the battlefield" cards like Drownyard Temple, Amalgam, etc.

Okay thank you didn't know that. Also prevent damage is sort of weird too because they can sometimes still be destroyed and sometimes can't.
  • Splizwarf
    Options
    I pulled a Westvale Abbey in an SOI pack today, that bug can be delisted.
  • kauppila
    kauppila Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seasons Past is STILL returning clues to hand on casting. Just thought I would help bump this up.