How to break even selling a baby two star?

Didgeridork
Didgeridork Posts: 30
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was going to iso farm some two stars and rostered a few, got them to 13 covers, but now decided against wasting the 68k iso to level them up. (I don't have any currently champed 2 stars to sell to use the iso). Now my dilemma is if I sell these two stars at level 15 I'd only get 250 iso back, which is a loss of 3000 iso if I'd sold them as individual covers.

I know with 3 and 4 stars there's tricks about leveling to a certain level, and then selling to make an iso profit, but haven't found anything yet about two stars. Is there a minimum level I can level them to, where I can at least break even from what I would have made if I'd sold individually (meaning a 3k profit)?

I'm not interested in champing them, so please don't suggest I just do that instead. I made a mistake rostering them instead of selling individually and now just want to sell and hopefully be able to break even.

Comments

• I am afraid there is no early break even for 2* unless I have been grossly mis-informed by various parties. Which could have happened, I just don't think so.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Breaking even is a matter of perspective, and yes that's actually true.

When you sell a 2*, you lose roughly 3.5 or 5k in iso total or something like that

So it's up to if the champion levels from the 3* and the command points are worth it to you.
  • This isnt about the merits of farming two stars, it's literally I could have made 3250 iso if I'd sold 13 individual covers, but since I rostered them together they are collectively worth 250. Is it not possible to raise the level of the character up to some point where the sell value of the collective 13 covers is worth 3000 more than the iso I'm putting in to level it? I'm not trying to gain the system or make an actual iso profit I just want to know if it's possible to make the same amount I'd have made if I'd sold them individually. Or if Im just out 3000 iso per rostered character now..
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    This isnt about the merits of farming two stars, it's literally I could have made 3250 iso if I'd sold 13 individual covers, but since I rostered them together they are collectively worth 250. Is it not possible to raise the level of the character up to some point where the sell value of the collective 13 covers is worth 3000 more than the iso I'm putting in to level it? I'm not trying to gain the system or make an actual iso profit I just want to know if it's possible to make the same amount I'd have made if I'd sold them individually. Or if Im just out 3000 iso per rostered character now..

Oh then kind of, yes. I know there's a point in 3*s (I think level 120 or so) where the cost of selling it is more than the cost of leveling to that point or something.

Or maybe not, idk. I'd imagine level 70, basically while its still less than 400 iso a level.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I was going to iso farm some two stars and rostered a few, got them to 13 covers, but now decided against wasting the 68k iso to level them up. (I don't have any currently champed 2 stars to sell to use the iso). Now my dilemma is if I sell these two stars at level 15 I'd only get 250 iso back, which is a loss of 3000 iso if I'd sold them as individual covers.

I know with 3 and 4 stars there's tricks about leveling to a certain level, and then selling to make an iso profit, but haven't found anything yet about two stars. Is there a minimum level I can level them to, where I can at least break even from what I would have made if I'd sold individually (meaning a 3k profit)?

I'm not interested in champing them, so please don't suggest I just do that instead. I made a mistake rostering them instead of selling individually and now just want to sell and hopefully be able to break even.

In April of 2015, R75 discounted the leveling costs for 3* and 4*, for roughly the first half of their levels. The sell prices weren't adjusted, this created the possibility of turning an iso "profit" by leveling 2 of the same color 4*, or 2 or 3 same color 3*s, leveling to specific points, and selling.

2*s were never similarly discounted, so no similar opportunity exists. No, you will never break even. You have 2 choices:
      1. Cut losses by selling them now, not a single drop of iso more. Any iso invested will be wasted. 2. Commit to champing them. You're not "wasting" that iso. More like buying a CD, that pays a small negative rate on the iso, but a positive rate in various other forms.

It's a long game, so I'd encourage you to focus long-term, stay the course! I'm maxchamping my 2*s for the 4th time.

Shhhhhh !!!! We mustn't speak of such things. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Remember what happened when people talked about tanking? icon_e_confused.gif
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif