PVE: Hearts of Darkness (2016-09-19 to 2016-09-22)

Options
2»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the optimal schedule for the loaner nodes, I am sure I am not doing as well as I could with those as I always end up with at least a couple of 1 point clears to get all the rewards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    What is the optimal schedule for the loaner nodes, I am sure I am not doing as well as I could with those as I always end up with at least a couple of 1 point clears to get all the rewards.
    There is no optimal Schedule. 24 hour timer starts after the first playthrough and there's six rewards to get. It's a strange design.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PUM-SPAK wrote:
    I'm just happy to get a guaranteed Hulkbuster cover thats not black
    I wish I could get black! All I ever get is red! icon_e_sad.gif
    My IMHB is 5/3/3, so I would just be selling the red cover. Should "play down" in Level 6?

Comparing Levels 6 and 7, and assuming I would sell the IMHB for 1000, the difference is
    6: Standard Token, Elite Token
    7: 1850 ISO

Looks like I will stick with 7. As I understand it, Elite Tokens are a 3* at best, no reason to sandbag.

Cant see a reason ever to not pick CL7. ISO trumps all.

I'm with you on the annoying HB red though. I've now sold 3 red covers while my HB still sits at 5/2/5.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    There is no optimal Schedule. 24 hour timer starts after the first playthrough and there's six rewards to get. It's a strange design.

That was what I thought too, but it was worth checking to see if somebody else had spotted something I had missed, hopefully at some point they will make those nodes work like the others when they are within a daily sub.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting a 4 star cover at 25000 points is awesome. The new rewards have made PVE worth playing which is something I wouldn't have said before.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm really enjoying the new system. A guaranteed 4-star is great, and splitting up the CP into smaller chunks makes it so that if I don't have the time to dedicate, I can still earn a decent amount of CP. Add the increased ISO and covers on top of all of that, and I'm really happy. It'll be interesting to see what SHIELD CL 8, 9, and 10 will look like. 7 is already pretty good!
  • ajkeence99
    Options
    Holy ****, Professor X and Jean Grey together are a serious pain.
  • darcdante
    Options
    I'm in CL6, currently rank 11 and trying to figure out how hard I want to fight for rank 10+.

I'd rather have three elite tokens than one squirrel girl cover, honestly. I've had good luck with those elites so far, and she's not my favorite character. Buuuut, rank 10+ also gives 50 more hero points, so it's a tough call.

It also seems like this new CL system creates smaller brackets. Or maybe I'm just having an easier time because I picked CL6 instead of 7, whereas most people went into the higher bracket. So far I like the changes though. I'll be glad when Silver Surfer is beefed up too lol.
  • darcdante
    Options
    ajkeence99 wrote:

Jean Grey might be my least favorite character to face. There's no horror greater than staring at a match-5 on the board, but knowing it just isn't worth the damage + stun.

Prof X is super beefy with just about anyone lol. I really want him so I can pair him with Beast and Psylocke since they have cheap abilities that spawn special tiles.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the info, guys icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ajkeence99 wrote:

No joke. I was about to give up on the last CP, but decided to try Hulk-bombing on a lark, even though just about any ability would one-hit Patch with or without the extra tiles. Through blind chance it worked, even though a sub-500hp Hulk was the sole survivor. Good riddance to that node...
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Final progression reasonably achievable even without the essential 4 star.png . That's how we like it icon_e_wink.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ajkeence99 wrote:

That node was ridiculous. I only needed one more clear but wiped on it three times and finally came to my senses and realized that 1 CP was not freaking worth it.
  • ajkeence99
    Options
    JackTenrec wrote:
    ajkeence99 wrote:

That node was ridiculous. I only needed one more clear but wiped on it three times and finally came to my senses and realized that 1 CP was not freaking worth it.

Ya, I'm trying to do my final clear for points and lost 3 times already. I think I'm about to give up on it.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ajkeence99 wrote:

Sure is. I managed to beat it once and am terrified to even try again since my whole party almost KO'd
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else experience a weird repeated node bug?

I completed the "Rider Awakens" node, got the victory banner, but before the rewards hit, I was put back in the match at the start. This was with my same team I just finished with at the health they just finished at (Thor was just about down) and no TUs. I fought through the node (just) and then get rewards for both matches and my completion shows 2/4

Thought I'd post here rather than Bugs first to see if anyone had the same thing happen
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 wrote:
    Anyone else experience a weird repeated node bug?

I completed the "Rider Awakens" node, got the victory banner, but before the rewards hit, I was put back in the match at the start. This was with my same team I just finished with at the health they just finished at (Thor was just about down) and no TUs. I fought through the node (just) and then get rewards for both matches and my completion shows 2/4

Thought I'd post here rather than Bugs first to see if anyone had the same thing happen

I have not run into that particular one, but it's crashed on me twice in this round right after entering a fight. Fortunately, your team seems to lose less health than before when that happens, but it's still rather annoying. This is after a L-O-N-G period of stability where I hadn't had that happen at all.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my HB progression easily before the end of the second sub, just playing the third for a bit more ISO, not worried about the 15CP final progression but might still hit it.

Really really loving the CL changes. This is the first real love my 4* progression has ever had...

feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg