Do you have a Movie-related Team?

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
One team that I have been consistently using for awhile and rather enjoy for it's randomness is Team Twilight (SW, Beast & Blade): A Werewolf (Beast) and a Vampire (Blade) fight over the attention of a girl (SW).

Beast feels his similarities with SW on Blue CD tiles will win her over while Blade shows off his flashy strike tiles. Things get interesting when it appears that SW is more interested in Beast by telling him that he can use her blue CD to let out his beastly roars on her tile room floor, while only moments later she changes her mind and feeds Blade some purple to fuel his need to attack the sheets.

It is the common good guy (Beast) versus the bad boy (Blade) wanting the confused girl (SW) story that occurs everyday. Does the good guy impress the girl with his chemistry set? Or does the bad boy lure the girl to the wild side with his switch blades.

Every match ends with a different winner and the story these three share is anything better than the actual Twilight movies.

Please share your team that you relate to a specific movie. This could be an interesting discussion but Yes I am bored as the PVP Season is over and I am waiting for the pts to replenish in PVE icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Losers. Cho, Elektra, Mr fantastic.
    Avengers. 3cap, black widow, speedy bro
    Breakfast club. IF, Luke, BP.
    Bridge over the river Kwai. No I cannot remember how to spell it. Bullseye, Switch, Storm classic.
    Fifth element. OML, Pho, Black Spidey. It sorta works.
  • Marine8394
    You said movies so I couldn't Monty Python. Spam, spam, and eggs. icon_lol.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marine8394 wrote:
    You said movies so I couldn't Monty Python. Spam, spam, and eggs. icon_lol.gif
    You could do something with Howard the Duck and Scarlet Witch... Not sure who the third should be though. Pity Black Knight isn't in the game...
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Oh Captain My Captain (CA:CW): Cap, Falcon, Bucky
  • Marine8394
    Holy Grail. SW, if she weighs more than a duck, she is a witch. Black Knight fight scene. Hall of virgins. Eggs? I'm reaching. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Robotjox: Dr Doom, Iron Man & Warmachine (if you're unfamiliar with Robotjox, you have better taste in film than I do) (2* Cap, 4* Sam Wilson and 4* Peggy also work, I guess, since the Stars and Stripes uniform they all have is similar to the alliance one...kinda...)
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay. I'll play. icon_lol.gif

A team I like to use on occasion is OML and Classic Magneto. OML black strike tiles go great with Magneto red and blue. To round out this fine trio, I just need a purple/green character. So, with these two old men, I add a young girl, Teen Jean, and I have a fun little team I like to call "Two Men and a Baby".

This team also fits a movie called "The 3 Fugitives". But I have a baby sister that, when she was little, loved the movie 3 men and a baby. She would watch it over and over and over. icon_lol.gif Sorta stuck with me over the past 20 some years. And of course, you can always switch OML for Patch. Same thing, just doubles up on your green users, and OML, actually being an old man, just fits better.

Another is 3*Cap, Hulk and 4*Deadpool. Hulk is the brute squad Fezzik, Deadpool is the swordsman Inigo Montoya, and Cap is blonde hero Westley.
    Can anyone guess the movie? icon_lol.gif

Also have a team based on "Blazing Saddles". However, the reference is a tad inappropriate, so I'll just let you all use your imaginations. icon_lol.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Holy Grail. SW, if she weighs more than a duck, she is a witch. Black Knight fight scene. Hall of virgins. Eggs? I'm reaching. icon_rolleyes.gif
    I suppose Groot could be the tallest tree in the forest that you need to cut down... WITH A HERRING!
    Or you could do Iron Man as a generic Knight. If you use Recharge you could pretend King Arthur is drunk again... (Though that's not really funny).
    Or, if you want to focus solely on the witch scene, you could use 3* Human Torch to represent BURN HER!
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax wrote:
    Robotjox: Dr Doom, Iron Man & Warmachine (if you're unfamiliar with Robotjox, you have better taste in film than I do) (2* Cap, 4* Sam Wilson and 4* Peggy also work, I guess, since the Stars and Stripes uniform they all have is similar to the alliance one...kinda...)

I disagree... Robotjox was a great movie!!! Even before Pacific Rim was even a "thing" icon_lol.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    ZootSax wrote:

4* Falcon, Peggy and 3*Cap is a fun team to use. I just wish they all weren't red/yellow/blue.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Monsters Inc: Grocket, Dino, Carnage, Venom, Thing, Beast, Blade (vampire)

Kind of taking liberties with the last 3, but the first 2 definitely fits the bill.
  • IamTheDanger
    metallion wrote:
    Monsters Inc: Grocket, Dino, Carnage, Venom, Thing, Beast, Blade (vampire)

Kind of taking liberties with the last 3, but the first 2 definitely fits the bill.

Not sure I understand why you're taking liberties with Beast. Seems to me, he is a perfect fit for Sully.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    Quebbster wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:
    I suppose Groot could be the tallest tree in the forest that you need to cut down... WITH A HERRING!
    Or you could do Iron Man as a generic Knight. If you use Recharge you could pretend King Arthur is drunk again... (Though that's not really funny).
    Or, if you want to focus solely on the witch scene, you could use 3* Human Torch to represent BURN HER!
    Scarlet Witch, Human Torch, Howard the Duck.
    It's a fair cop.
    Edit. I got that wrong. Left to right.
    Scarlet Witch, She Hulk (and her scales), Howard the Duck.
  • Marine8394
    Remember the Titans. 4wolvie, 4DP, Xprof.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    Robotjox: Dr Doom, Iron Man & Warmachine

Becomes Pacific Rim if you're facing symbiotes.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    loved the movie 3 men and a baby.

This sounds like a challenge. Does the board have room for a silly sub-thread? Name a movie, fit the characters.
  • IamTheDanger
    Calnexin wrote:
    loved the movie 3 men and a baby.

This sounds like a challenge. Does the board have room for a silly sub-thread? Name a movie, fit the characters.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Was just thinking the exact same thing earlier. This would make an excellent forum contest.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    ilj90l.png
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love my team of Mister Fantastic, Spider-Man, and Bruce Banner. I call them...

Revenge of the Nerds
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm holding back my movie-related team, just in case it does become a competition. Wouldn't want someone jumping in first with my Avengers: Age of Ultron idea.