62K ISO in 44 hours?

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
That's how much time I have left before my 4hor cover expires, and how much ISO I'm away from championing her. I've already gotten 10K today from relatively low-hanging fruit (finishing my fourth clear of PVE, DDQ), so do I need to grind like mad in PVP?

My 2* Thor is at 142 (so maaaaybe I get lucky from PVP drops), but no other 2*s are higher than 139.
  • Daily resupply: some HP.
  • 2* champs near 144: Thor at 142, Ares at 139.
  • SHIELD Rank: level 64, 1220/2050 XP.
  • 4* Covers in queue: 4
  • Sweet Tacos: 10
  • Savory Tacos: pulling as I get them
  • PVP Simulator: progression finished, farming ISO from retaliations

Target ISO: 318083
Running total: 261770
ISO remaining: 56K
Edited for clarity and to add more details.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have a max champ 2* you can sell?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have a taco stash?
  • You could do that if you play a ton of PvP or if you get a 2* to 144 and sell or get to the next level and get a large bonus of 30k. You can do 2 more ddq, get 4k from alliance bonus and will have event and season rewards. You can definitely make it.
  • Cousin Simpson
    fmftint wrote:
    Do you have a max champ 2* you can sell?

Thor is at 142, Ares at 139. Otherwise, no one else is close.
    DFiPL wrote:
    Do you have a taco stash?

I do have 10 Sweets, and I probably have a large enough window to cash them in on Monday when the rotation changes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your season placement? What sort of rewards are you getting tomorrow?
    Do you have HP to spend on Daily Deal tokens?
  • Cousin Simpson
    You could do that if you play a ton of PvP or if you get a 2* to 144 and sell or get to the next level and get a large bonus of 30k. You can do 2 more ddq, get 4k from alliance bonus and will have event and season rewards. You can definitely make it.

So let's so 8K from 2 DDQs, 4K from alliance bonuses. My current rankings in the Season will probably get me 1K and 5 HTs (both individual and alliance rewards). I'm probably going to be top 100 in PVE, which is 3K and 3 ETs (if I squeeze into the top 50, that's 3500 and two more champ levels for Cage); my alliance is top 25-50, so at least another 2K and cover. SO! Assuming that all the tokens are 250 ISO each (worst-case scenario), that's 18K in raw ISO and another 2K from sold covers == 20K from non-grindy sources.

That leaves about 42K left to grind. My daily average is 20K (though I've already collected 10K today), so I'll have to hit PVP a lot today to give myself enough breathing room. So yeah, reachable!
    Quebbster wrote:
    What's your season placement? What sort of rewards are you getting tomorrow?
    Do you have HP to spend on Daily Deal tokens?

See above for season placements. As for HP, I have 900, but icon_e_surprised.gif at the thought of spending it to fish for ISO!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only other thing you can look to do is grind down the new PVE right when it opens. You might need to do an earlier end time than you usually do, but getting 5-6 clears in on hearts of darkness can make a difference. Also you have simulator all day today that has some good rewards if you have not gotten to 2k already.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    How close are you to going up a level? Perhaps maximising XP gains (sending 8-hour 3* team-ups, getting green ticks in prologue if you haven't finished it yet) would be of benefit.

:edit: never mind, just re-read the OP, you're not close enough. Ah well.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    With "Thor is at 142, Ares at 139." i reccomend to grind PvE nodes. They has small chance for 2*s.
    Also buying discounted tokens for 100HP could be a bit helpful.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Getting two 2* Thors out of PvP by Tuesday seems doable. I'd grind away on Shield Sim and Rags PvP until they're done, and then there's Divine Champs. And there's at least a sub or two of standard tokens out of the next PvE.

If you get really desperate, you could always buy a few standard tokens and hope for a Thor. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As for HP, I have 900, but icon_e_surprised.gif at the thought of spending it to fish for ISO!
    I was thinking of tokens as a way to get those Thor covers. Remember that you get event tokens in each sub of Hearts of Darkness!
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    That's how much time I have left before my 4hor cover expires, and how much ISO I'm away from championing her. I've already gotten 10K today from relatively low-hanging fruit (finishing my fourth clear of PVE, DDQ), so do I need to grind like mad in PVP?

My 2* Thor is at 142 (so maaaaybe I get lucky from PVP drops) , but no other 2*s are higher than 139.

Daily resupply doesn't look promising.

I'm at 1220/2050 XP to get to SR 65.

I also have four more 4* covers that I've been holding onto in my queue that I could sell in a pinch.

I've got a stash of 10 Sweet tacos.

I've already finished PVP Simulator, but am happy to farm ISO from retaliations.

Edited for clarity and to add more details.

Did you consider asking demi to simply extend your cover for you? If you aren't spamming tickets at them they're usually pretty cool about that kind of stuff.

I remember once I had a Jean cover that expired in like 3 hours and I was still 30k off (before levels came in) so I sent in a message asking if they'd extend it.
    They reset my timer for me, but made it clear it was gonna be a one-time deal.

So be careful not to bite the gift horse too many times, or however that saying goes.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you have a credit card?
    Or
    Do you have app store credit?
  • DFiPL
    If you had 1 more day it'd be no sweat!

~
    one day more
    another fight to play in PVP
    this never ending grind for ISO needs
    these covers taking up my queue will
    only last a day or two
    one day more

I did not champ She-Thor today
    But soon her cover will be parting

One day more

Tomorrow she'll be worlds away
    I wish the lightning rounds were starting

One day more
    ~

I'd finish this but it's almost 3 am and I need to sleep. Good luck!
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I would use a whales team up to put out a cupcake team in shield sim. however season is over now so you cannot do that anymore.

Play the hell out of Divine champions. You can get to a high point spot and if you find an easy team put out an easy team of 2*s or easy 3*s for everyone to hit then retaliate. You might get lucky with thor covers and sell him.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

~
    one day more
    only last a day or two
    one day more

One day more

One day more
    ~

Sir (or ma'am,) this is genius. My hat is off to you.
  • DFiPL
    GrimSkald wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

~
    one day more
    only last a day or two
    one day more

One day more

One day more
    ~

Sir (or ma'am,) this is genius. My hat is off to you.

Sir," do it please ye.

Filk is a little hobby of mine. I'm *best* working with Disney tunes for some reason, but the music of Les Mis is an inspiration also.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Oh Kirby, here I was asking about ISO and all of sudden the thread turns into a Broadway revue. icon_redface.gif

:p
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Uhm, Facebook rewards if you're on IOS? (They never worked for me since Day 1 though!)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    So did you make it?