Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited September 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
6ab476705e49e22648852d0cd11de29f.jpg

Magik, Illyana Rasputina (Darkchylde)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Attacks:

yellowflag.png(Passive) Mystic Armor: As Magik uses her dark magic she continues to submit to her Darkchylde form, which corrupts her soul but makes her more powerful than ever. Each time Magik fires a power, this ability changes. At first level, whenever an ally matches a purple tile create a strength 51 purple strike tile. When an enemy matches a purple tile create a strength 25 purple strike tile.
2 Covers: Strength 65 strike tile when an ally matches a purple tile and a strength 45 strike tile when an enemy matches one.
3 Covers: Strength 80 strike tile when an ally matches a tile, 60 when an enemy matches one.
4 Covers: Strength 91 strike tile when an ally matches a tile, 71 when an enemy matches one.
5 Covers: Strength 105 strike tile when an ally matches a tile, 90 when an enemy matches one.

All damage scaled based on level
Mystic Armor Level 2: Magik's demonic energy lingers around her, creating a fiery blaze amongst the area. Whenever Magik makes a match increase an allied special tile by 70 points.

Mystic Armor Level 3: Magik's abilities evolve even further as she grows horns and hooves. Magik's abilities now cost 1 AP less.

7 AP Consume Power: Magik has now reached her full form, sacrificing the demons of limbo to empower her. Magik destroys all allied attack tiles creates a 150 strike tile with a bonus 75 points for each tile destroyed. This power turns into a purple ability when used and destroyed tiles do not gain AP or deal extra damage.
2 Covers: Now makes a strength 225 strike tile.
3 Covers: Now grants a bonus 91 points for each tile destroyed, and grants AP from each tile destroyed.
4 Covers: Now creates a strength 300 strike tile.
5 Covers: Now grants a bonus 125 points for each tile destroyed.

(Passive) Has passive abilities of all levels of Mystic Armor.

redflag.png 12 AP Summon N'astirh: Magik summons the powerful demon, N'astirh to the field of battle temporarily binding him against his own will using her magic. Turns a selected tile into a 3-turn Green countdown tile and all the tiles around it into strength 70 attack tiles. Each turn the countdown tile is still on the board, it destroys a random basic tile on the board inflicting 250 damage. When Countdown is finished N'astirh returns to Limbo, but lashes out in the process dealing 950 damage to Magik as 900 damage to the target enemy.
2 Covers: Creates strength 91 attack tiles. Inflicts 400 damage. 750 damage to Magik when countdown is finished.
3 Covers: Creates strength 125 attack tiles. Inflicts 600 damage. 600 damage to Magik and 1000 damage to the target enemy when countdown is finished.
4 Covers: Creates strength 175 attack tiles. Inflicts 800 damage. 1250 damage to the target enemy when countdown is finished.
5 Covers: Creates strength 205 attack tiles. Inflicts 1600 damage.

blackflag.png 9 AP Summon Limbo Creatures: Magik opens up a portal from Limbo to unleash demonic creatures onto the enemy, allowing them to slash and gnaw at the enemy. Creates 3 2-turn purple countdown tiles which when activated creates two strength 25 attack tiles.
2 Covers: Creates strength 55 attack tiles.
3 Covers: Creates 1-turn countdown tiles
4 Covers: Creates strength 70 attack tiles.
5 Covers: Creates strength 91 attack tiles.

Hi guys. I know this character has been made by other posters but I was hoping to put my own take to the character! Let me know what you think!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lots of ideas here, but your spec is really... busy. There's definitely a through-line of attack/strike tile mastery, but there's so much going on here it's kind of hard to get a feel for how she would play out.

Mechanically, the 'powering up' of her yellow (which really should just be purple and not change color) is a really neat idea. In practice, most battles will be over before she can fire her expensive active powers 3 times. I would rebuild something like this--and streamline each progressive power--with her other active powers being cheaper. I like steps 1 and 3-4 more than step 2 which doesn't follow the 'build up, unleash' flow of the battle as well as the others.

I'd also pick a focus--she's got a lot of attack tiles but then also makes strike tiles pretty effectively which is kinda overkill. I'd focus on making just attack tiles but you could keep the attack-to-strike conversion in step 4.
  • slantedandenchanted
    slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Lots of ideas here, but your spec is really... busy. There's definitely a through-line of attack/strike tile mastery, but there's so much going on here it's kind of hard to get a feel for how she would play out.

Mechanically, the 'powering up' of her yellow (which really should just be purple and not change color) is a really neat idea. In practice, most battles will be over before she can fire her expensive active powers 3 times. I would rebuild something like this--and streamline each progressive power--with her other active powers being cheaper. I like steps 1 and 3-4 more than step 2 which doesn't follow the 'build up, unleash' flow of the battle as well as the others.

I'd also pick a focus--she's got a lot of attack tiles but then also makes strike tiles pretty effectively which is kinda overkill. I'd focus on making just attack tiles but you could keep the attack-to-strike conversion in step 4.

Fixed it up a bunch. I realize that it's a bit messy, but now I feel like it's a lot better than before. I made her limbo power cost less, and one of her forms now makes her powers cheaper which feels true to the character and helps you get to level 4 asap.