How do PvP teams work?

Options
I know that the system uses a scaling method, but how do they choose which characters of the other person's roster you're up against? I've looked and noticed that the chosen 3 are usually not the highest leveled characters on the person's roster. Then what criteria is used? Do they replicate the team that the player used most often for the event? Or are they just random?

Comments

• Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Options
    This question has been asked multiple times now. The team that is used for defence is the team that the player last used for attack in PvP.
  • I thought it might've been... I just couldn't seem to find the most recent time it was asked. ^^;; Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To expand upon what Shadow said, it used to be that you could lose and the last team you used was your defence team; but in a effort to reduce tanking they changed it so that it's the last team that you won with that compromises your defence team.

So even if you have a roster of say 141 Hulk, Wolverine and Daredevil but won a match with Yelena, Bagman and Cap your defence team would show up as the latter.
    These weak level teams are used to lower a players MMR to try get them "better" level matches. Hence the term "tank" team.

They normally safe to hit without fear of retaliation... normally.
  • Twysta wrote:
    it used to be that you could lose and the last team you used was your defence team; but in a effort to reduce tanking they changed it so that it's the last team that you won with that compromises your defence team.

Was this ever confirmed to be the reason for that change? Before that happened IceIX had stated multiple times that from a dev perspective tanking was not an issue because such a low percentage of the global user base ever did it (probably because the majority don't even know about it).

When that change was made I assumed it was because of the forum complaining about the 3 retaliation attempts, but I've been known to assume the best of the game/devs icon_rolleyes.gif