Are Tokens Predetermined?

MaxxPowerz
MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Seeing as how we have yet another anniversary right around the corner I'm contemplating hoarding all of my CP and LT's for whatever characters they will be rolling out (fingers crossed for Jamie Madrox).

I remember reading somewhere on the forum that once you acquire a token the cover is already predetermined before spend it.

Is this correct and if so does it even make sense hoarding LT's?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get new characters from old tokens, so there's no harm in stockpiling covers.
    I have seen reports of people opening a token, having the game Crash, then open the same token and getting the same cover again... But I don't think that means the content is set when you get the token.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I believe they are determined server side on opening, so not predetermine but once opened no amount of fiddling with your device will change what you get even if you manage to roll back the game and reopen the token
  • I wish I had the self control to hoard. LT's are like crack for me
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    bpcontra wrote:
    I wish I had the self control to hoard. LT's are like crack for me

I hoard them until I have 3 to open (some combo of LTs or CP in a multiple of 20). That's as far as my will power goes.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    It is determined from the instant you touch the screen to open a token, not before. This often comes up with vaults where some people will tell you there's tricks to receive the best item from a vault. There isn't. When you touch the screen to spend the token, what you will receive is instantly determined despite any animations that may lead up to the revelation.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Unlike what A&E Hoarders would like you to think. There are very economical benefits to hoarding under certain circumstances. This is on a case-by-case basis, but it's not always a bad thing to show a little self restraint.