The new changes are great! just one thing that's still there

like1tiger
like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all
first off a huge thanks for all the amazing changes that have been going on lately they really are a step in the right direction but the most frustrating thing i still find is getting great rewards and covers but not being able to use them. It so so annoying to have so many characters that have 5 in one cover and none in the other covers and you have to keep selling them. It is a huge waste and feels like you have been cheated every time from your rewards.
For example the Gaunlet was a yellow Venom, my Venom is 2/2/5
The lastest reward in PvP green Invis Woman 3/3/5
The next pvp red Hulkbuster mine is 5/3/3

That's 3 in a row which may be coincidence but im a 3 star playing trying to transition into 4 star land and i seem to be selling more 4* cover then are useful.
I have sold 3 blue Antman 3/5/2, 4 green carnage 1/2/5 3 quake cover 5/1/5 starlord 1/4/5 and the list goes on.

Im sure my problems are minimal to what a lot of other people are having but there must be an easy way to fix this?
A few examples
1) Allowing players to just collect 13 covers of any colour
2) Allowing players to be able to save covers until then need/ can use them (like a vault u can store a few covers in that dont expire)
3) having covers 4* above that dont expire.
4) Being able to combine 2 covers to make on cover of a colour you need

Im sure people can come up with other great ideas as well but this is a constant complaint i see from players in my alliances and when talking to people online

You can put it all down to bad luck but with all the positive changes d3 has been making lately i would really like to see this addressed as its just so frustrating playing for nothing but the 1k iso icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    On a similar note 1k for selling a 4* is very depressing when 1k won't give you enough to even level up a 2* (once it gets high enough) a bump in the sell price would make it not suck as much.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    RNG sucks. One of the basic tenet in game design. Everywhere. Because it is the closest approximation to RL situation where we could have everything prepared meticulously, and then they all fall apart because of sheer bad luck. Do not fear the strong or the smart ones, fear the lucky SOBs. Luck trumps strength or smart anytime.

But on the other hand, it is RNG that keeps us playing. Maybe that next pull will be the lucky one? Let's push that button.

And I'm quite happy with the recent changes. There are covers that are guaranteed through hard work, but the RNG still wreak havoc everywhere else.

Just wash your hand thoroughly and bow to the eight points of compass before pulling any cover, and you will be fine.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent 98k ISO to champion a character for a Legendary Token. I got my 8th icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.png for my trouble.

That's one of only five 4* powers I have at 5 covers.

It's the second purpleflag.png I've had from LTs in my last four pulls, but this one hurt more because I'm getting 1k ISO back for 98k ISO invested.

Yeah, we absolutely need a way to apply or otherwise use covers like that. I have enough 3* champions that I would have put that 98k ISO into one of my 4* instead had I known I was going to get the 5% short end of the stick like that (literally 95% of all the 4* covers in the game, I can use).
  • like1tiger
    We all know that RNG Can suck and also be good but the big problem here is doing alot of work for no reward. I know it's a game but we could really limit the frustration by making Covers we work hard to get usable.
    Why can the cover rewards for events be a choice of a colour? That would be a tiny change that would help so much.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The other side of RNG is that in the old days before 4 and 5 stars you used to be able to buy that last 3* card for a reasonable amount of money. Now the cost for a 4* or 5* card is crazy nuts.

I did notice one problem with the changes however. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I can't get into multiple levels at once but the point requirements are the same regardless of the level you play. For the Deadpool Event for example you needed to do EVERYTHING to complete the progression. If you are doing Level 1-3 it is unlikely you have the 4* hero and can get through that fight 6 times. I mean you are only going for a 2 star characters why the high difficulty? I would think players at that level wouldn't have a big enough team to get through that many tough fights without relying heavily on heals.

It seems to me that the point requirements for progression (at least for the Deadpool Event) were pretty tough. If you are making Tiers the lower tiers should have lower requirements.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see our own "Comic Storage Bin" that allows you to store unused covers for an unlimited time. They could give us the first 1-3 storage slots and if we wanted more they can charge monthly "rent" of like 10 HP a month or sell us Storage Slots. This way we can store unused covers until we can use them (e.g. afford a roster slot, ready to champ).
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Just to add a note on this...

The next PvE event has Mr. Fantastic **Black** (coincidentally, mine's 2/2/5... icon_evil.gif )

So is there going to a be a rhyme or reason to the sequence of 4* cover rewards? Venom's is Green (1st cover), HB is Red (1st Cover), Mr. Fanta (3rd) Waaa???
  • like1tiger
    The even worse thing is the next progression award for cl7 in PvE is another RED Hulkbuster icon_e_sad.gif

We just had Red as the PvP reward, This will be my 4th hulkbuster red that's only worth is 1k iso icon_e_sad.gif