Lets talk nerfs

Options
13»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    #1 - I was 100% convinced you were talking about IM40.

Seconded. I've seen IM40 in probably 90%. I've seen IM40-RHulk in well over 50%. If it's not them, it's basically winfinite.

I've seen maybe 2 OMLs so far, and fought both because it was a helluva lot easier than IM40-RHulk (esp with Peggy 3rd, which is also super common)

Yeah me too.

In fact I never play this PvP, but I want Kate's cover, so I didn't have a good team planned at the beginning of the event. I started with Nova, Peggy and Punisher, which was ok, but too slow, so I decided to give it a try to my Sim team, OML+PH+Peggy and it was just ok, much worse than in shield, and the thing is with that team I got attacked much much more, PHs red is a joke, and the strike tiles are nowhere that strong when everybody is buffed to 550. I will probably go IM40, Rhulk, Peggy too for the rest of the event.
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    D3 - please look at your BoP data.

Where EVERY CHARACTER is the same level.
    And basically EVERY PLAYER has some max covered characters to use.

And do you want to know which ONE CHARACTER I'm seeing at a 50%+ clip? Out-pacing even the highly-used IM40 in this event?
    Do you want to know how often I've seen that ONE CHARACTER used at a 50% clip, despite that he's NOT COVERED?
    So players are willing to use an UNCOVERED character instead of any of 100+ other characters they may have covered?!?

Did you guess The Only Character That Matters? I bet you did! Because you see him everywhere too!

I am sick of waiting for the OML nerf - there are huge indicators all over the game that he is a massive problem.
    No true healing and he'd have high use in PVP but you wouldn't see him -everywhere- like you do today.

Seriously, OML in this event is quite bad, all 5s are. So I don't know why you say this (well I guess because you want OML nerfed no matter what icon_razz.gif).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Seriously, OML in this event is quite bad
    Definitely. You know he's bad when you ignore him and ignore black. It's a nice change, but feels very weird.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Seriously, OML in this event is quite bad
    Definitely. You know he's bad when you ignore him and ignore black. It's a nice change, but feels very weird.

Yeah, I agree, quite weird.

Right now 4s are clearly the strongest chars at 550. It is a bit weird. I think it would make sense that ALL chars would have the same scaling at those levels, maybe not 2s and 1s, but 3s, 4s and 5s. I guess it is like that because 3s got nerfed and 4s got buffed so they could compete against 5s, when 5s can be 200 level higher (4s when at 330+ range+buff, so when 400+, are stronger than 450 level 5s, a pity most of us will need a lot of time to get so many champion levels).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Right now 4s are clearly the strongest chars at 550. It is a bit weird. I think it would make sense that ALL chars would have the same scaling at those levels, maybe not 2s and 1s, but 3s, 4s and 5s. I guess it is like that because 3s got nerfed and 4s got buffed so they could compete against 5s, when 5s can be 200 level higher (4s when at 330+ range+buff, so when 400+, are stronger than 450 level 5s, a pity most of us will need a lot of time to get so many champion levels).

It's definitely weird that this isn't the Juggernaut - OBW show any more, but there's still value in the top characters of other tiers.

I'm doing this on memory, but I think 3Cyc was doing ~70k+ on his black, which is definitely on par with some of the top 4* characters. Kamala's green was around 30k, which damage-wise was at least on par with TeenJean (who obviously has the special tile aspect). I haven't looked at Fist or Cage's numbers but I'm sure they're comparable.

The gravitation towards the 4* characters now is really just the same thing as every other PvP - people will gravitate to the most efficient team available. In most cases, that's now IM40-RHulk + R/U user, be it Peggy, 4Cyc, 4Thor, or whomever.