General Discussion Regarding The Matchmaking in Tournament !

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Good Evening fellow Agents, IceIX And Dev

first of all I like to say I love this game but there is a serious problem regarding the Matchmaking
You can say I'm your game tester as I play MPQ nearly 10hours a day.

Are you killing the game for the hardcore gamers ?

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

I cant get any more points in the tournament, My match fight all same people all the time.
Even if you match it in level it's totally wrong. I have people oh in 541 points 800 points 300 points and 45 POINTS
About to only win points from 0 to 8, Seriously 0 What the hell is this ?

4583_zps33be40ff.jpg
4600_zpsdba6a550.jpg

Please be realistic I can't even hit 1300 don't talk about 1500. when I was 1258. Points drop is 0 to 2.

I try to skip and I have the same people, most are not even near 1000. Also the people in my chart have a higher points than
my challengers.

4599_zpsb54a407d.jpg
3658_zps90ba30c1.jpg

I can't even find Dzone23.

Even in lightning the challengers i can find are lower points than me, in the chart there are 400 to 300 point in the top ten.
I can only see 125 to 0 point in lightning.

Im ok with desperate players using storm classic and 2 default level leeching my points but the challengers given to me are all lower point to me.

Seriously you are killing your supporters. when the new players get to our stage they will face the same issue.

and you should only be matched with people in your point range.

Shouldn't you stop the R41 and fix this first it's so broken, I think the two 0 points players give up knowing this system.
And I'm on the edge of disappointment. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

THIS IS A LARGER ISSUE THEN THE PATCH !!!!

Comments

• What kills it for me is these 450 dudes nailing me for 35 points when I'm at 1000. I'd have to be stupid to attack back but those points are gone. That's really demoralising.
  • Yes I think the Matchmaking should give you players that are in the 1000 points category
  • Aiolia wrote:
    I can't even find Dzone23.?
    From my experience, you don't actually fight people from your bracket. Brackets are more of a high score race then for actually fighting each other. I'm unsure if it's a good idea or not if you were only to fight people in your actual bracket. But yeah, something needs to be done.
  • Aiolia wrote:
    From my experience, you don't actually fight people from your bracket. Brackets are more of a high score race then for actually fighting each other. I'm unsure if it's a good idea or not if you were only to fight people in your actual bracket. But yeah, something needs to be done.

I can battle Polkio and Hanse
  • Aiolia wrote:

I can battle Polkio and Hanse but they disappear currently in my matchmaking
  • My theory is that these ladders werent set up with the idea that people would play 3-5 hours consecutively. It was that they would play for an hour .... take a decent break .. play for an hour .. take a decent break .. etc etc.

So, you earn 300 points .. fall back 100 ... earn 400 points .. fall back 200 .. etc etc. I think that was the intention of this design. You build up a base of points through this process and then prepare for a final surge at the end.

Also, they seem to have overestimated the amount of active players that would be playing. As there doesn't seem to be enough players at the bottom of the pyramid to push up the top tier to the very best rewards. This is especially evident in the SHIELD tournament.

• The problem is that the matchmaking system is separate from the point system.

The goal of the matchmaking system is to match you against players who are on a similar level to you. With boosts and smarter play on attack then defense, this means that you should be able to beat almost anyone you are matched against.

The point system for the given tournament though is separate and is a product of how active a player is and how lucky they were with retaliations. My guess is that the devs thought that everyone would be at a similar point level and everyone would rise together. What ends up happening though is that players with less points skip through the matchmaking system until they find a high point target. Because of the matchmaking system the teams are about equal and beatable. The difference is that the player with more points played more matches and the player with less points was less active. Rewarding points (and taking them away) based on just the point spread doesn't make sense. You actually get rewarded for not playing until the end and punished for being too active.

I think the solution is to correlate the point gain/loss more with the difference of the team levels and not just points (time played).
  • I agree that you should only be matched with people within your point range. Either that, or HEAVILY reduce the point loss from people who attack you that have much lower (or even 0) points.

As it stands, there are griefers that literally wait til the last minute of tournaments (my experience is mostly from lightning rounds) to beat you and lower your points. The whole tournament, they don't do anything. They just wait til the end to hit you just to be ****. Why should people who consistently play in the tournaments to increase their points be punished so severely by people who haven't even played more than one match? You could argue that your defense team isn't strong enough.. but really, there is no such thing as a strong defense team. Having high levels or 3*s doesn't mean a thing when the AI is garbage and your attacked can add boosts or just run a silly CStorm team.

I also feel that there are some inconsistencies with the current point loss system. Sometimes when I'm attacked by somebody within a similar point range, I only lose ~10 points. When I retaliate, I gain about 20. We can go back and forth all day and we would both be benefiting by gaining more points. Other times, I'll lose 30 points a fight and only be able to retaliate for 10-15, overall lowering my score if we go back and forth. Is there some sort of sweet spot between our point differences or are the devs testing different point loss values?
  • Yeah, the system seems to be disliked all together. I have problems with it too, but hopefully it can be tweaked to be enjoyable soon, seeing as how it is still in the preview edition. I lost 50 points from one attack from someone who isn't even playing in the tournament and dropped me about 35 positions. Tournaments seem to be more about timing rather than actually having good covers with a strategy when it comes to the final day, let alone the final hour.