Crash of the Titans Cycle 3: Spider-Gwen

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
This is the final fight from Cycle 2. Preview hasn't been updated for the next Crash.

Last time, I couldn't win with only 2 red covers. She's now 1/5/1. icon_rolleyes.gif At least I've got 5 covers in the damage skill...

Previous Runs

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Last time, I couldn't win with only 2 red covers. She's now 1/5/1. icon_rolleyes.gif At least I've got 5 covers in the damage skill...
    Considering that Miles will likely provide a lot of webs, I Think you have a good chance with 5 red covers.
    Gwen is one of the few fourstars I have yet to max, and since she's only 2/5/5 she'll stay at level 180 until that final Purple cover drops. I don't expect much trouble from Miles though.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like CT1888 has the lowest Gwen to win on record with a 0/2/1 -- I might try to see if a 0/1/2 can reproduce his luck.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine's only 2/1/1. Probably doubtful, but I'm going to try it.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don`t have much hope beating this one with my 1/2/0 Gwen. But it couldn`t hurt trying. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is going to be one of the... 3? (I think? I don't track them like a lot of people)... battles that I don't even plan to attempt this cycle.

Something tells me a 0/0/2 Gwen isn't going to cut it. Her invisible teammates might appreciate the assist, but it's not even worth my time on her. Can't get her covers to drop unless it's dropping a sick beat.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can probably pull this off with my 0/5/1, but I'm guessing I'll have to put ISO into her to do it (she's at level 90 right now, and I don't think that'll be enough health to get through the battle).

Though if someone won it with a 0/2/1 (which would max out around 90/94, I think), then I guess it is possible.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is 4/0/3 icon_razz.gif 7 covers but without red I don't have a chance :/
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mine is 1/2/4.
    I don t plan to try too hard...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is 5/5/2 so I will mostly be annoyed at the red and purple covers sitting in my queue. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I lucked into a redflag.png cover from the Deadpool PVE, so mine is 1/1/1 now. That's going to be perilously low AP, but I wonder if I can win it the way Iceman did, just chaining stuns.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/3/3 lvl 142 Gwen here. Used +2 R/Y, +2 P/B, and +2 All.

Started off with a red heavy board. A couple of early stuns on Miles allowed for some cheap pops. But (as stated by a previous post), he did himself in. With both of us below 10% of health, he dropped lots of webs, allowing for a Red destruction for the lady.

My token for the win netted a Black Black Bolt!
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My 2nd try was a win with my Gwen level 94 1/2/1.
    +2 all / +50% Y/R / +100% all

Board was friendly because I could match red before Miles each time.
    An huge cascade help me too.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    newton999 wrote:

Thanks for giving me hope! My 0/2/2 Gwen failed twice so far (best I could do was about 3K left with my next turn able to kill him, but died instead). I know the stun would help, but will attempt a few more goes to see if I can manage.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Mine is 0-1-3 so I won't even try.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    newton999 wrote:

Thanks for giving me hope! My 0/2/2 Gwen failed twice so far (best I could do was about 3K left with my next turn able to kill him, but died instead). I know the stun would help, but will attempt a few more goes to see if I can manage.

Try to work on not only grabbing red/pink, but setting him up for Yellow, as he can place more web tiles with it than you can, and your heal doesn't actually help you.

In other news, my 1/5/0 (thought I had a yellow, ended up that I had a pink) second try with +2 all, +2 r/y, 100% match damage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 180 2/5/5 Gwen had Little trouble with Miles. Saved up red AP and Kicked out the jams a few times until I could deliver two Cherry Bombs in Quick succession. Got icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png from the token - Another champion level.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/0/1 level 111, no chance.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    120 2/2/3 got it on second try with +2ry, +50%ry, +50%all

The timing of your yellow or allowing him yellow before using your red is crucial.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I don`t have much hope beating this one with my 1/2/0 Gwen. But it couldn`t hurt trying. icon_e_wink.gif
    I was lucky to pull another red cover from the Taco-vault right before CotT starts, so I could level her up to 111 (1/3/0). It took nine tries to beat Miles using 2 r/y, crit- and +100% all match damage-boosts. Finally I got a good board with a few purple and red match-5 which took away a good amount of Miles`health (thanks to critboost). He was only able to use one Venom Blast before I cherry-bombed him out. icon_e_smile.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    newton999 wrote:

Try to work on not only grabbing red/pink, but setting him up for Yellow, as he can place more web tiles with it than you can, and your heal doesn't actually help you.

In other news, my 1/5/0 (thought I had a yellow, ended up that I had a pink) second try with +2 all, +2 r/y, 100% match damage.

Thanks! Managed on try 3 with +2 r/y, +100% damage, +100% r/y damage. Let him get off yellow, took one hit from red, then lined up 2 cherry bombs to take him out. Very friendly board for me too.