Clearance level 8, 9 and 10 Speculation

ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
so if 7 gives a 4* for progression, does that mean 10 might give a 5*? but the scaling will be brutally hard? same with the other ones?

Comments

• Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    there is no difficulty scaling attached to clearence level (for now). it only put you in bracket with people of the same power level.
    right now clearence level 7 is intentionally requred lower rank than it should be (i guess it should be at commander level 60+) but for testing purposes they lower it.
    The problem i see here (for d3 not for players) -> higher clearence level - lesser people can get in -> better chance to get top 1-10 rewards.

The flaw is -> rich get richier, poor staying poor.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it wouldn't be too speculative to say that t5 in CL10 might get a 5* cover. I don't think you're gonna see 5* in progression though yet
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it wouldn't be too speculative to say that t5 in CL10 might get a 5* cover. I don't think you're gonna see 5* in progression though yet
    Yup. That cover will be icon_silversurfer.pngblackflag.png

Progress is progress, would you rather t5 in cl10 get 4* covers instead? I'm fairly optimistic so I see a black surfer and think...hey I need that. He's certainly not as bad as people say, he's way more useful in his tier than cho is in his
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

I really hope is not for t5 and it is as a progression reward.

T5 is almost impossible for almost anybody in PvP and PvE (more so in PvP), so that would make really hard to get those covers. Placement in this game is much much harder than in most games, and most of the time needs coordination with your alliance, the use of battlechats, etc. for PvP or perfect timing and playing for hours for PvE.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I am more curious about the levels.

CL 1: levels 5? - 6 (I think you are eligible at 5, correct)?
    CL 2: 7 - 9
    CL 3: 10 - 14
    CL 4: 15 - 19
    CL 5: 20 - 26
    CL 6: 27 - 31
    CL 7: 32 - ?

In other words, the # of SHIELD levels per Clearance Level is:

CL1 - 2
    CL2 - 3
    CL3 - 5
    CL4 - 5
    CL5 - 7
    CL6 - 5
    CL7 - 69 (currently)

...So you have this odd trend where the number of levels that fit into a CL are steadily going up, but then drop off again at CL6. Obviously, that can't continue to shrink.

Given that a HUGE number of players are already above lvl 32... how are they planning to fit 69 levels into the last 4 CL, when they have spread the first 27 levels out over only 6 CL?

Along those lines... how long will lvl 100 be max? How far out will it be before there's a CL higher than 10?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    The idea that they will give out something that is so coveted and so expensive merely by the virtue of having a high clearance level is almost impossible. Certainly for the current levels, perhaps in level 15 or whatever - but not now.

The best you can hope for is expanded placement, more cp, more iso.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am curious what Shield Level most players are, in terms of percentages. And then after this new event starts, I'll be curious what percentage of people choose each SCL, as well as how that correlates to their Shield Level.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    My 2c on if 8-10 were available for Progression only using the current Max Progression rewards.

ISO going up reasonably steadily, around 1k per level
    HP up in 25HP increments
    CP is worth something for players at this level so a bigger reward there, could see then given out in 5CP, 5CP and 25CP at end
    Boosts & Health the same - woohoo!
    Adding a Legendary in Token draw
    No 5* in progression as others have thought

Untitled.jpg